MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
Bossmanbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Default pancake grill

Do any of you know where you can purchase and how much the catering type pancake grills are where you can produce mass amounts of pancakes?
Lookng to be able to expand our present catering gigs by offering a breakfast menu and would like to do the pancake catering.
Ive seen the grills before thatare able to do alot and have a dispensor that spaces them out and makes them all uniform in size. This is what I'm looking for , kinda like the grills that Chris Cakes has.

" You can put all of the sauce on it you want, but you still have to master the art of cooking barbecue"
- Mike Mills-
Bossmanbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
Tinybud
Take a breath!

We have a local company here called Big John Grills,, they have a whole line of commercial griddles,, real nice stuff. Not sure of the website address, just do a search for Big John's Grills, and it should come up.
6ft. Southern Yankee
Meadow Creek Caterer's Delight 108
Caldera Tallboy
Tinybud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:43 PM   #3
Bossmanbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinybud View Post
We have a local company here called Big John Grills,, they have a whole line of commercial griddles,, real nice stuff. Not sure of the website address, just do a search for Big John's Grills, and it should come up.
They have a griddle similar to what I'm looking for. I have a commercial grill, I wonder if you could buy a griddle that would go on top of the grill so it could double as a pancake griddle?

" You can put all of the sauce on it you want, but you still have to master the art of cooking barbecue"
- Mike Mills-
Old 11-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #4
Tinybud
Take a breath!

Just give them a call,, I've dealt with them several times, and they are very helpful. and I can't see why they wouldn't just sell the griddle top.
6ft. Southern Yankee
Meadow Creek Caterer's Delight 108
Caldera Tallboy
Tinybud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:14 AM   #5
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

The griddle top sounds like the way to go. Always like the multi-taskers!

Good luck.
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:21 AM   #6
Bossmanbbq
is One Chatty Farker

I'm checking at a metal shop now to see how much in matrials it would cost and have my brother in law weld it up....

- Mike Mills-
Old 12-16-2008, 08:15 PM   #7
browe
Got rid of the matchlight.

Not sure if this is big enough for you, but I saw it today at a local outdoor store.

http://www.cabelas.com/spod-1/0053229.shtml
browe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:52 AM   #8
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

I will be offering breakfast sandwiches at my vending site next year but have never considered a private caterd breakfast. Keep us posted on how you make out with it and your maketing stratagy towards it. Always looking for those add ons good luck!!