MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 09-27-2022, 03:35 PM   #1
sdman
Got Wood.

Default Best brisket to buy

Best brisket to buy?

Sam
sdman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2022, 07:40 PM   #2
kevinstaggs
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

Easy. Prime grade Angus beef. A little age on it doesn’t hurt either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
kevinstaggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-27-2022, 07:52 PM   #3
sdman
Got Wood.

Thank's, where can one buy the best?

Sam,
sdman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2022, 12:23 PM   #4
kurtsara
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Hey you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdman View Post
Thank's, where can one buy the best?

Sam,
You can’t guess where to buy brisket?
kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2022, 07:30 AM   #5
PatAttack
somebody shut me the fark up.

Are you looking for bulk purchasing??

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2022, 01:57 PM   #6
SmoothBoarBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Restaurant Depot has pretty good consistency with their "Superior Angus" line of Choice or Prime briskets. I'm assuming you're inquiring about large quantities since you posted in the Catering sub.

If you just need a single brisket then HEB is hard to beat.

Old 09-30-2022, 05:30 PM   #7
smoke ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothBoarBBQ View Post
Restaurant Depot has pretty good consistency with their "Superior Angus" line of Choice or Prime briskets. I'm assuming you're inquiring about large quantities since you posted in the Catering sub.

If you just need a single brisket then HEB is hard to beat.
those are the briskets I prefer to cook. I don't make large purchases...usually one or 2 briskets and some hanger steaks...maybe 40 lbs of chicken wings and a ten lbs block of cheese

I hate that place

Old 09-30-2022, 09:39 PM   #8
kurtsara
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ninja View Post
those are the briskets I prefer to cook. I don't make large purchases...usually one or 2 briskets and some hanger steaks...maybe 40 lbs of chicken wings and a ten lbs block of cheese

I hate that place
which one? restaurant depot or heb? Never heard of heb

Old 10-01-2022, 07:39 AM   #9
jimstocks53
Take a breath!

Kurtsara. No HEB? The chain started in 1905 in the Hill Country of Texas and is now rated one of the best grocery chains around. The Dallas metroplex is all abuzz that they have expanded northward into the area recently. HEB smartly managed supply side issues during the pandemic and were much less bothered by empty shelves than even the Walmart system. They have their own branded products and many Texans with access to a close-by HEB no longer shop elsewhere. We don't have one in East Texas - yet. But when visiting family we have definitely shopped there. I suspect it will be a good while before they are up in the Minneapolis area. I doubt you'll find high-end products like Kobi beef at an HEB but their meats are usually top shelf.
jimstocks53 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2022, 08:32 PM   #10
smoke ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtsara View Post
which one? restaurant depot or heb? Never heard of heb
Restuarant Depot

HEB is not in the north....think they are only Texas

RD has been letting anyone in ever since covid, no membership required. Been a few months since I've been but I'm think it's still that way.

Old 10-04-2022, 06:27 AM   #11
SmoothBoarBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ninja View Post

I hate that place
When I was running my BBQ food truck I was probably 50/50 getting my raw meat from Restaurant Depot / Sam's Club. RD's consistency was what kept me making the 5 hour round trip. This being said shopping at certain RD locations can be a very frustrating experience. The one I went to in Raleigh, NC was a freaking zoo and even with 20+ waiting to check out there would usually only be 1 or 2 checkout lines open. RD employees sitting around everywhere doing nothing and just staring off into the distance. Not to mention half the aisles were basically closed because they would place pallets in the middle of the aisle, making it so you couldn't get your platform cart down the aisle.

That being said I went to RD in Milwaukee, WI and it was a much better experience.

Old 10-06-2022, 07:49 PM   #12
kurtsara
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothBoarBBQ View Post
When I was running my BBQ food truck I was probably 50/50 getting my raw meat from Restaurant Depot / Sam's Club. RD's consistency was what kept me making the 5 hour round trip. This being said shopping at certain RD locations can be a very frustrating experience. The one I went to in Raleigh, NC was a freaking zoo and even with 20+ waiting to check out there would usually only be 1 or 2 checkout lines open. RD employees sitting around everywhere doing nothing and just staring off into the distance. Not to mention half the aisles were basically closed because they would place pallets in the middle of the aisle, making it so you couldn't get your platform cart down the aisle.

That being said I went to RD in Milwaukee, WI and it was a much better experience.
We get to them when they open at 7:00 am, it is not too busy then and a lot of the help is still getting there.