MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-26-2021, 05:11 PM   #1
jkief
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeffry
Default Bamboozeled again

So my exciting phone call Tuesday turned into frustration today. My fine new cooking machine was supposed to be here Thursday. No delivery. I called UPS and it was out for delivery today from 3-6. I get a tracking alert the driver returned to the distribution center at 5 and clocked out. No delivery today either. Thursday at 3, I was 1 beer in. Then it turned to 2. This evening, I switched to a cocktail. Monday I might be drinking straight from the bottle if this keeps up. It’s like knowing Christmas is here and there’s no presents under the tree!!!!!!

Last edited by jkief; 03-05-2022 at 06:01 PM..
jkief is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2021, 05:45 PM   #2
ronbrad62
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Ron

FRUSTRATION!!!
Don't you just love the pride people have in a job well done? Good luck getting it while you are young enough to enjoy it.
ronbrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-26-2021, 05:58 PM   #3
CivilTrojan
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

That horrible! On the positive side, it looks like you live in a nice neighborhood, you got to enjoy a couple of afternoons relaxing outside in nice weather, and you already have several nice cookers that you can use until you get the new one. I really hope you get what you paid for ASAP!
CivilTrojan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2021, 06:02 PM   #4
ShadowDriver

Name/Nickname : Marc

This is ridiculous.

Hang in there.

Good looking Yeti Old-fashioned Cup you've got there. I've logged plenty of enjoyment with mine.

Fingers crossed you see it soon.
[B]Hardware[/B] - Weber 22.5 Kettle (Sep '16), OK Joe Longhorn (Mar '17), UUNI 3 Pizza Oven (Jan '18 ), Blue Rhino Razor Griddle (May '19), Cajun Bandit 22.5 Roti (Aug '20), Weber 26.75 Kettle (Dec '20)
ShadowDriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2021, 06:27 PM   #5
jkief
is one Smokin' Farker

Drowned my sorrow in another cocktail or 3 and a couple of pizzas on the MAK. That takes the sting off!!!

Old 02-26-2021, 06:46 PM   #6
Kmm
On the road to being a farker

What the hell is all of that green stuff in those pictures? Did the snow grow a fungus?
Kmm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2021, 06:49 PM   #7
Greygoose
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Don

Bummer,,,,
No,,,,that out right just sucks !!!!!
Sip,,,,don’t guzzle,,,,
Greygoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2021, 07:20 PM   #8
jkief
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmm View Post
What the hell is all of that green stuff in those pictures? Did the snow grow a fungus?
Man, I laughed for 5 minutes straight! That was the funniest thing I heard all week. It was 83 degrees here today in Tampa. If this is any indication, it’s going to be a brutal summer.

Old 02-26-2021, 07:34 PM   #9
ttkt57
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Bill Bryant

I'm trying to feel sorry for you, bro. Up here we've got 45-mph wind gusts and blowing ice that looks like Dippin' Dots and stings like whatever when it hits your skin. BBQ weather this is not.

No, seriously, I feel your frustration. There's nothing like waiting for a late delivery, even with green grass! Hang in there!

Old 02-26-2021, 07:40 PM   #10
jkief
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttkt57 View Post
I'm trying to feel sorry for you, bro. Up here we've got 45-mph wind gusts and blowing ice that looks like Dippin' Dots and stings like whatever when it hits your skin. BBQ weather this is not.

No, seriously, I feel your frustration. There's nothing like waiting for a late delivery, even with green grass! Hang in there!
Brother, I’ve been praying warmer weather moves up north. It really can’t get there fast enough to thaw everyone out. Not mad that it’s taking so long. More mad that UPS keeps scheduling deliveries they know they can’t make. If the would have told me it’s coming next Monday from day 1, it would have been cool with me. To be honest, Jeff’ got it done sooner than I expected anyways. Stay warm!

Old 02-26-2021, 08:49 PM   #11
woody1949
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Larry
Default Deliveries.............

Our experience, living out in the country, is that about half the time, the package gets delivered to the wrong address..............and then we get to start the fight with the delivery company.............the excuses start..........."I left it on your porch"............NO, you didn't, I was home all day and you didn't leave it on my porch........"I left it with your neighbor".......NO, you didn't....I don't have a next door neighbor.............and on and on..........then you fight with the credit card company to get a credit .......and that carries on to the original supplier who certainly shipped it and want their money...............sometimes it gets to be a major cluster.............
woody1949 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2021, 09:16 PM   #12
Titch

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

Just think, the excitement starts again another day.
Thats a very neat looking common area across the road,great place for kids to throw a ball

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-26-2021, 09:23 PM   #13
jkief
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titch View Post
Just think, the excitement starts again another day.
Thats a very neat looking common area across the road,great place for kids to throw a ball
Yeah. Groundhog Day on Monday. I’m busting out the liquor Monday while I wait. I was literally sitting in the chair staring at the driveway and down the street waiting... It’s a great field as long as you can get people to pick up their dog crap. Most folks do the right thing, but a few don’t. That’s another fight altogether...

Old 02-26-2021, 09:53 PM   #14
NoOne
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : NoOne

Sorry to hear that, it sucks.

So what do you have coming?

And what do you have mixing?
AZ BBQ Outfitters 48” Argentine Grill w/ Brassero
Humphrey’s Battle Box
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2021, 10:32 PM   #15
1MoreFord
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

Good ole OoooPS.

A few of years ago I anxiously awaited a large load of ammo and the company I purchased it from provided elevated tracking. I watched it travel North and South to the East of me for a while. Then it went East and West to the North of me. It got close once but then went to the West of me and finally to the South of me.

It finally got within two blocks of my house and and I was sure it would arrive any minute, however the next update said it was undeliverable!!!!!!!! I went to my carport door and the Ooops driver had left a notice that I could pick it up at an Ooops hub the next day. The little bastige could leave a message but couldn't deliver a heavy package????

The upside was the UPS hub was a nearby pharmacy run by three gun owning babes.

Falcon MK V gaseous grill w/Grill Grates, OK Joe Longhorn w/ vertical - now gone, Char Griller Akorn, Camp Chef PG24SG, Weber 22" OTG w/SNS components
1MoreFord is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->