Jealous Devil Lump

Jraiona

Reaction score
Hey guys, are any of you familiar with Jealous Devil lump charcoal? Is it any good?

That's all Harry Soo uses. Ordered a bag to try it.

I use it....only on cooks I know will be longer. I like it very much and due to price use it sparingly. I find it harder to light than Royal Oak lump but it burns longer.

I've got one bag left and when that is gone I'll definitely re-order.

I read the test results from Naked Whiz and the results from Jealous Devil very very positive so I ordered a bag. I’m using this for a pizza oven.

That is about the same price as Wicked Good Charcoal

Ouch, Jealous is 50% more per pound than I can get Wicked Good at my local Ace. Maybe Jealous is cheaper somewhere else, I just searched it on Amazon for $50 for a 35lb bag. Is that the going rate?

I happened to see some today at my local hardware store for $20 a bag. Didn't check the weight, but it was actually the cheapest bag there.

It is very consistent in the bags. Larger chunks if that is what you are looking for. Burns hot. I’ve used 2-3 bags and liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use it. The chunk sizes are very consistent. Good size, not too big and not too small. I only use one chimney full to get my stick burner up and running.

Back