Finally, a CL score for me!!!

jrb03

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was a devoted CL searcher for over a year, but grew tired of it over the winter after never finding anything. My main goal was a new ceramic grill, either BGE or Primo, but never saw anything. I also searched for Weber Performers without a hit. Recently I've been patiently waiting for my birthday at the end of April, my kind wife was going to buy me that shiny new blue performer we saw at Lowes. I even showed her where to order online for cheaper and no tax.

Well, after all the recent discussion lately about CL scores I decided to take a look at our local list again. Bam, within a minute I see a recent post for a blue Weber Performer! Called them up and within an hour I had this baby back home for $85. It is in excellent condition, only problem is the push button igniter for the gas does not ignite, lighter works fine for now. Will call Weber and get a new one, maybe under warranty as the date code is DI which I found to be '07.

DSC_0183.jpg

First cook, fajitas from the new mexican market in town. Used Stubbs charcoal from Lowes for the first time. Its not fair to judge a new coal on a first cook of a new cooker, but I like it so far. Smells great at startup, thats reason enough for me to use it as my briquette over K if lowes keeps selling it.

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

Sorry, got into the cooking and the beer and the Spurs game, forgot to take any more pics. :icon_blush:

Fajitas were great, cooker is AWESOME. I cant believe all my years of bbq I have never used a Weber Kettle. Not once. I have great memories of my dad using his old Weber Kettle all through my childhood.

Keep searching CL guys, eventually it will payoff. One day I will find that Primo or BGE :-D

I just got mine from New Egg online the same Blue color and everything!

What a Great score! Congrats!

Great score, I know what you mean about CL.........I get bummed also cause there's never anything, guess you just gotta look anyways. NICE JOB

That gives us all hope.I have been lookin every day and nothing at all maybe it will be the big one when it does come.

Very nice, gives me hope, I was on CL just before I came on here today, just hoping and praying for something good. That is a mighty fine looking bbq.

That's the one I want! I never find anything good here in SA.

I know, I search from SA down to Brownsville. Im right in the middle and have family in SA and Brownsville. Found this performer in Corpus. I felt bad for the guy, he obviously didnt want to sell it. I didnt haggle one bit.

Back