MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:07 PM   #31
Twisted T's Q
is one Smokin' Farker

damn i am wanting some reviews on these
Twisted T's Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2018, 06:18 PM   #32
PatAttack
somebody shut me the fark up.

What freight company is this?
I want to stay as far away from them as possible.

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2018, 08:09 PM   #33
Blutch
Full Fledged Farker

Gotta link? First I've heard of these.
UDS
Blutch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2018, 09:39 PM   #34
Stlbbqstore
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutch View Post
Gotta link? First I've heard of these.
Bottom of page
20" x 30" / 20" x 36" / 20" x 42"

http://www.lonestargrillz.com/Smokers.html
[COLOR="Red"][B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Authorized Dealer[/FONT][/B][/COLOR] for Yoder Smokers /RipTangle Smokers / Humphrey's Smokers / Backwoods Smokers / Shirley Fab / T&K Smokers / Gateway Drum Smokers /Meadow Creek / Camp Chef / Alfa Ovens / Green Mountain Grills / Kamado Joe / Memphis Grills / PK Grills / Blaze Gas Grills / Pit Barrel Cooker
[COLOR="Black"][B]Visit our Website[/B][/COLOR] - [URL="http://www.stlbbqstore.com"]www.stlbbqstore.com[/URL]
[COLOR="Black"][B]Like us on Facebook[/B] - [/COLOR][URL="https://[URL="http://www.stlbbqstore.com"]www.facebook.com/stlbbqstore[/URL]
Stlbbqstore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2018, 08:16 PM   #35
kenrobin
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Backyard Smokemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKMIMNAK View Post
As promised, the new 20" offset pits that LSG just redesigned and rolled out 15 days ago are coming fast off the presses.

While I'm guessing this will certainly slow down a bit once the orders start flowing in, mine was finished this afternoon (Thursday, May 31) just 13 days after ordering. The initial estimate of 1-2 weeks was spot on. They had subsequently revised that to 2-3 weeks, but that longer estimate never came to fruition.

Bottom line: I ordered the brand new 20"x42" LSG offset on Friday, May 18, and it was finished today - 13 days later. That is unheard of. The 24"x36" I was considering previously would have been done in mid-September if the 14-week timeline for those held.

I'd have been thrilled with a new smoker by the 4th of July, but it looks like I might have it by the 4th of June!

Already planning some review videos for y'all. Will keep you posted.
I ordered the same model on the same day but I placed my order around 3pm Central. I was given a lead time of 3 weeks. Mine was finished yesterday so it took 25 days. I also had a custom graphic added so that may have added a few days to the job. I’m hoping to receive the tracking info tomorrow.

Last edited by kenrobin; 06-13-2018 at 08:28 PM..
kenrobin is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-13-2018, 08:43 PM   #36
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
The thing FINALLY left Bolingbrook, Illinois tonight. Really getting frustrated with the freight company. It sat in TX for almost two days after loading, took the rest of last week just to make it to IL, then sat in IL all weekend and only got dispatched at 10 PM tonight. Next it says it's going to Hudson, WI. If they do another two day truck switch there I'm going to have a hard time keeping my grey matter under 104 degrees.
When that thing ships, it goes LTL (Less Than Truckload). The truck is picking up and dropping off other items, making stops and waiting for those along the way. Theres probably someone out there who had something on the truck before yours was picked up and they wont get it til after you received yours. Thats just the way trucking works.
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-13-2018, 09:01 PM   #37
kenrobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinar View Post
When that thing ships, it goes LTL (Less Than Truckload). The truck is picking up and dropping off other items, making stops and waiting for those along the way. Theres probably someone out there who had something on the truck before yours was picked up and they wont get it til after you received yours. Thats just the way trucking works.
Dang, I was hoping to receive mine in CA before the 4th of July but now I’m having doubts considering that it hasn’t even left LSG in TX yet.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:48 PM   #38
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatAttack View Post
What freight company is this?
I want to stay as far away from them as possible.
Roadrunner. I found out after it was too late that they are known for being the cheapest, but also the slowest. I can't complain too much....I'd have stuck with them anyways to get it shipped as cheaply as possible. But next time I'm at least asking who the next cheapest is!

Old 06-13-2018, 10:54 PM   #39
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinar View Post
You're right, it's precisely how it's worked. There have been three separate two-day segments when my stuff hasn't moved at all. It would be super helpful if companies gave you an idea of what to expect rather than just saying "It's on its way!" For guys who know nothing about how trucking works, and live less than a 20-hour drive from the smoker fabricator, that sounds like, "It'll be there in a few days!" I would have thought that one 5-day work week was plenty to go that distance. Eight days and counting for a 1,200 mile trip is not at all what I'd have expected. I understand now that my expectations were not realistic to begin with, but that's why it would help for the smoker company or freight company to help frame expectations rather than giving no indication whatsoever of timing.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:56 PM   #40
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenrobin View Post
I ordered the same model on the same day but I placed my order around 3pm Central. I was given a lead time of 3 weeks. Mine was finished yesterday so it took 25 days. I also had a custom graphic added so that may have added a few days to the job. I’m hoping to receive the tracking info tomorrow.
Congrats! Mine is scheduled to be be delivered on Friday. In fairness, I want to say they offered to deliver it Thursday but I could not be home in their delivery window. So, all in all, the delivery from Texas to Minnesota came in at ten days from pickup at LSG to drop off at my home.

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-13-2018, 10:58 PM   #41
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenrobin View Post
Dang, I was hoping to receive mine in CA before the 4th of July but now I’m having doubts considering that it hasn’t even left LSG in TX yet.
Nah, you should be fine if it ships tomorrow. (or even this week). See my previous reply to you for more details.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:06 AM   #42
kenrobin

Quote:
Congrats! Mine is scheduled to be be delivered on Friday. In fairness, I want to say they offered to deliver it Thursday but I could not be home in their delivery window. So, all in all, the delivery from Texas to Minnesota came in at ten days from pickup at LSG to drop off at my home.
Thanks, that gives me hope!

Tags
lone star grillz, lone star grillz new models, LSG