Asian Flavor Explosion With Saigon 21 + Two Dipping Sauces ~ An "All Sauced Up" TD Cook's Thread

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
I posted my critique of Oakridge Saigon 21 Rub in the "First Impression" Beta testers thread this morning, and here is how everything went down. I used Saigon 21 in everything except the two dipping sauces.

Here are the base ingredients for the meatballs. The beef and chicken got 8 grams of Saigon 21 per 1/2 pound of meat. No photo of the potsticker filling but it was pork, cabbage, green onion, garlic, and ginger seasoned with 3 grams of Saigon 21. I cooked 1/4 cup of rice, seasoned with 4 grams of Saigon 21.

pIEe3bm.jpg

All of the sauce ingredients. The beef ball sauce had fish oil, lite soy, Asian chili, lime, sriracha, and agave. The chicken ball and potsticker sauce was rice wine vinegar, lite soy and a few drops of sesame oil.

Jx1PJi8.jpg

eHxLTsc.jpg

2vljQlH.jpg

EjiLb9P.jpg

2OInpoF.jpg

That is a YUMMY looking snack plate!

Very snack-worthy.... And look at the pit shot, there are far more balls than the balls that made it to the platter. :laugh: At first I thought the whole experiment may be Saigon 21 overdose, and I thought I might say "I liked it on this, but not so much on that", but neither was the case. I'm trying it in a rib marinade as a substitute for five spice.

Wow, again!

Keep the great cook posts coming, please!

Cant get the Charlie Daniel’s Band song “Still in Saigon” out of my head!

Back