MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:26 AM   #31
chambersuac
somebody shut me the fark up.

That looks awesome

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 08-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #32
Smokesignalsfromtx
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAlvarado View Post
Next you need to figure out a way to make the top grate pivot, so you can get to food on the bottom grate without having to completely remove the top grate.

And set up some hydraulics to lift the center section when you want to load charcoal. And maybe adapt a One Touch Gold-style cleaner for the ashes in the bottom.

But seriously, that's awesome work. Are you going to come to the NTX bash in October? I'd love to see that beast in person.
Lol!!

Curb feelers are next.....

Then "rib-o-later" style grates, gravity fed so there's no lifting the mid section. Still trying to figure out the ash problem...maybe a pneumatic trap door that dumps when it reaches a certain level.?.

Seriously though, I think the next mod will be a "stand off" style logo plate like on the JAMBO pits. PrincessofQ and I are doing a small neighbor hood comp in a couple of weeks and our kiddos have formed a team and they will be using it to compete with. I have to say they will be some pretty stiff competition!!!

I plan on coming, but too early to commit for sure due to the big J-O-B and all...
Backwoods Party G2, Backwoods Chubby G2, Weber OTG 22.5 (Homer series, RIP), Weber OTG 22.5, WSM 22.5, WSM 18.5, Weber Jumbo Joe, Weber Smokey Joe, Guru DX2 (X3), Insainly [B][I]Fast[/I][/B] [B][I][COLOR="Red"]RED[/COLOR][/I][/B] THERMOPEN MK4, Super, Duper [I][B]Fast[/B][/I] [COLOR=red][B][I]RED[/I][/B][/COLOR] THERMOPEN, Maverick 732,733, Weber S-330, Blackstone Flat Grill, Brinkman Electric Gourmet(X2) "The Twins"

Rick
Smokesignalsfromtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #33
Casey
Found some matches.

Awesome mods!
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #34
KriaQue
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Awesome job man,looks killer. Thanks for the ideas!
KriaQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #35
Smokesignalsfromtx
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KriaQue View Post
Awesome job man,looks killer. Thanks for the ideas!
Thanks! We really put it to the test this last weekend. We had a small 6 team backyard comp and our kiddos used it for their cooker. It worked awesome! And the kids team (Young Guns) performed awesome as well!

Here's their new hardware!

They range in ages from 8-15 years old with a 23 year old team leader. They placed 2nd over all!
Backwoods Party G2, Backwoods Chubby G2, Weber OTG 22.5 (Homer series, RIP), Weber OTG 22.5, WSM 22.5, WSM 18.5, Weber Jumbo Joe, Weber Smokey Joe, Guru DX2 (X3), Insainly [B][I]Fast[/I][/B] [B][I][COLOR="Red"]RED[/COLOR][/I][/B] THERMOPEN MK4, Super, Duper [I][B]Fast[/B][/I] [COLOR=red][B][I]RED[/I][/B][/COLOR] THERMOPEN, Maverick 732,733, Weber S-330, Blackstone Flat Grill, Brinkman Electric Gourmet(X2) "The Twins"

Rick

Old 08-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #36
THoey1963
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Terry

Congrats!

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #37
Smokesignalsfromtx
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks! We are very proud of them!

Rick

Tags
Weber 22.5, WSM, WSM mods