More mods to the 22.5 WSM

Awesome!!! Do you have a link for the handles? I can't seem to find the ones that fit the 22" WSM.

If your referring to the handles that the tables insert into they are Genie garage door handles. You just have to do a little bending to get them to match up with the grate mounting holes.

Those are the best mod's I've ever seen on a WSM. Y'all really do need to get them patented and sell as a kit. I'll bet Cajun Bandit or even Weber could mass produce and make sure to make an 18.5 version. It would be huge!

Can't believe I am the first to say it - BUILD A UDS... Oh, never mind.

Nice job Smoke. Still love that table, but not having any luck with friends capable of building them. Going to mount the hinge lid here in a couple mins...

Next you need to figure out a way to make the top grate pivot, so you can get to food on the bottom grate without having to completely remove the top grate.

And set up some hydraulics to lift the center section when you want to load charcoal. And maybe adapt a One Touch Gold-style cleaner for the ashes in the bottom.

But seriously, that's awesome work. Are you going to come to the NTX bash in October? I'd love to see that beast in person.

Next you need to figure out a way to make the top grate pivot, so you can get to food on the bottom grate without having to completely remove the top grate.

And set up some hydraulics to lift the center section when you want to load charcoal. And maybe adapt a One Touch Gold-style cleaner for the ashes in the bottom.

But seriously, that's awesome work. Are you going to come to the NTX bash in October? I'd love to see that beast in person.

Lol!!

Curb feelers are next.....

Then "rib-o-later" style grates, gravity fed so there's no lifting the mid section. Still trying to figure out the ash problem...maybe a pneumatic trap door that dumps when it reaches a certain level.?.

Seriously though, I think the next mod will be a "stand off" style logo plate like on the JAMBO pits. PrincessofQ and I are doing a small neighbor hood comp in a couple of weeks and our kiddos have formed a team and they will be using it to compete with. I have to say they will be some pretty stiff competition!!!

I plan on coming, but too early to commit for sure due to the big J-O-B and all...

Awesome job man,looks killer. Thanks for the ideas!

Thanks! We really put it to the test this last weekend. We had a small 6 team backyard comp and our kiddos used it for their cooker. It worked awesome! And the kids team (Young Guns) performed awesome as well!

Here's their new hardware!

They range in ages from 8-15 years old with a 23 year old team leader. They placed 2nd over all! :thumb::clap2::clap2:

Back