Long Island smoking wood

Mat

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
First lemme start by tapatalk made me select a prefix of cooking class.

That being said, where u guys he wood? Was at lowed attempting to get apple chunks and they're sold out. Not getting more till the new season.

Sent from my DROIDX

Last edited by a moderator:
if you have an ACE hardware try there. or the do it best web site they ship to store for free

hey mat, go to vitale gas in bohemia, they have a pretty large selection of stuff from smokinlicious. plus wicked good charcoal. And they're down the road from restaurant depot, always stop if i pass one.

best bet is the landscape places that let u pick thru the woopiles. Oak, hickory, cherry, apple, mulberry and a load of fruitwoods are all indiginous around here. The landscape.firewood places have alot of oak and cherry. I paid 25 bucks to load up the back of the escalade.

also, head out east to the orchards. Apple, peach, plum, its all available and they are glad to let u haul it away.

lastly, make friends with the neighborhood tree guys. for a few bucks, or a racks of ribs, they will call u when they have a nut or fruit tree and u go grab it as they cut it.

If you are not able to go searching try Mainegrillingwoods.com. The shipping is free and you can get logs or chunks with free shipping. Just ordered hickory and cherry a few weeks ago. The problem I have with DOItbest sometimes is that their wood is old.

best bet is the landscape places that let u pick thru the woopiles. Oak, hickory, cherry, apple, mulberry and a load of fruitwoods are all indiginous around here. The landscape.firewood places have alot of oak and cherry. I paid 25 bucks to load up the back of the escalade.

also, head out east to the orchards. Apple, peach, plum, its all available and they are glad to let u haul it away.

lastly, make friends with the neighborhood tree guys. for a few bucks, or a racks of ribs, they will call u when they have a nut or fruit tree and u go grab it as they cut it.

Thanks for the tips. I will keep my eyes open now when I'm out in wine country

Back