• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bone-in sirloin pork chops ($1 a pound sale)

33tango

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Using a 18" WSM how would I go about smoking Bone-In sirloin pork chops?

Winn-Dixie is having a one day sale tomorrow, 6/27 with three pound packs of these pork chops for $3. They have "Fresh split chicken breasts" (sounds like a marketing term) for $1 a pound too.

This is in northeast Florida, no idea how widespread that sale is.

I've smoked pork shoulder and ribs a plenty, I don't imagine the pork chops would take as long as say ribs do but I'm a little doubtful about smoking chicken breasts.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Oh and if this sort of post isn't allowed, my apologies.

We have it down here also. I'll be there early to get some split breasts also. Normally I do the pork chops fast as they are thin, the breasts I will brine for a few hours and do the fast also indirect.

Last edited:
We have it down here also. I'll be there early to get some split breasts also. Normally I do the pork chops fast as they are thin, the breasts I will brine for a few hours and do the fast also indirect.

Yeah I should have thought of that, when something like that is cheap it's usually very thin. Probably just skip it.

Wynn Dixie has that breast sale here also.
Also--10# bag of leg quarters for $5.00.

Mrs Kapn is going over there shortly to stock the freezer. 8)

TIM

Just got back. 15 lb split breast, 12 lb chops, 4 packs sausage, 3 packs bacon, and other assorted items for $61.00. Time to go back to bed.

ours had a 40 minute wait to get the chops, already ran out of chicken breasts by 10:45 so all I could get was the frozen quarters.

Back