MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-04-2020, 12:22 AM   #16
boogiechillen
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Charles

Usually a lot easier to split a round than noodle it with a chainsaw.

I love my hydraulic splitter for firewood, but you’d have to do a lot of stickburning to make it worth it for that.
Weber Genesis
Weber Jumbo Joe
Homemade UDS
boogiechillen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2022, 06:21 AM   #17
bogdanit
Got rid of the matchlight.

Name/Nickname : bogdanit

I don't think there is just one option anyone would consider the best one. For example, people choose different models because we are all different. Each type is adapted for a certain weight, body type, and so on. Usually, when I need to inform myself about something, I tap on google or any other platform, like good axes, and do my research. Of course, I choose some models I like the best regarding their price, use, and type, and after reading others' reviews, I make the final decision. If anyone thinks a certain model is good, it doesn't mean it will be perfect for you.
bogdanit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2022, 11:26 AM   #18
Juggy D Beerman
Full Fledged Farker

Default Splitting Wedge Warning!

Several years ago while preparing for the American Royal, I decided to split some pecan logs by using my fiberglass handled splitting maul. The maul was not splitting very far into the log and became difficult to remove to make another swing. I grabbed a splitting wedge and drove it into the log. Once the wedge was lodged tightly into the log, I gave my best round house swing with the maul and hit that wedge dead center.

The next thing I know I am feeling my teeth to make sure I still have them! My T-shirt is covered in blood, my nose is broken and my lips are swollen and bleeding. I still had all of my teeth, but the front top middle teeth are now rearranged. (Three years of orthodontics down the drain.) What happened was the wedge went into the log and got "spit" out immediately striking me in the face. During my career as a bouncer in a so called biker bar, I had never taken a blow like that. It hurt!

Off to the hospital I went for stitches in my nose. They could not repair my lips, but they are fine now. I lost the ability to whistle and some people are thankful for that. I did lose some of my senses of taste and smell, and some folks will say I never did smell that good anyway.

So the moral of this long winded story is this. I had used that splitting wedge for many years and never had a problem until that fateful day. Never again as all it takes is one time!

Lager,

Juggy
Juggy D Beerman is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->