MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:26 AM   #1
tonylii
Banned

Default Can I buy 5pcs of grill mats?

Hello, buddy:
Recently I have a family BBQ party, I need to buy some grill mats from the Amazon, I found this product more with my requirements, http://amzn.to/2xEpkDD more importantly, it is the price is cheaper, 5pcs only $10.99, I need to buy 50pcs , So that it can save me a portion of the money. But about this product I did not see the corresponding reviews, so I'm not sure if I can rest assured to buy?
Can you give me some advice on this?
Many thanks!
tonylii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2017, 05:40 AM   #2
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

You can buy whatever you please, we all have different needs.

To answer your question, if there are no reviews, I would use caution when making a purchase of 50 pieces.

What's odd about this thread is that you started almost the same conversation back in July. You say in this post that "I'm not sure if I can rest assured to buy?"

Yet in your July thread you indicate "I have received the grill mat I was buying from" and "it was great, $ 15.99 spent on the value and I got 5pcs, the quality was fine"

So why do you need any reviews and act like you have never used the product?

In the July thread, when others give you other suggestions of other mats, you discount them. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=249429 Now another thread.

Maybe you are helping to drive sales through Amazon? It just seems odd that of both your posts you lead / bait readers to this amazon product sold through the same "JCE tec" seller.

Only two threads you have posted in and both drive the conversation to purchase these mats on Amazon. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/se...archid=3604621

For myself I have no need for any type of grill mat, but I respect that we all have different needs.
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2017, 07:12 AM   #3
ModelMaker
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Maybe he's a prince and wants to share a million dollars.
Ed
Extremely seasoned hand hammered Wok
Pit Boss-HART BURN Competition BBQ Team
KCBS certified judge

And Your not the boss of me either!!
ModelMaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 09-26-2017, 07:15 AM   #4
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Parental Assigned Label

Maybe Grill Mats are a CHEATER?
Stlsportster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2017, 07:33 AM   #5
10miler
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMadMan View Post
You can buy whatever you please, we all have different needs.

To answer your question, if there are no reviews, I would use caution when making a purchase of 50 pieces.

What's odd about this thread is that you started almost the same conversation back in July. You say in this post that "I'm not sure if I can rest assured to buy?"

Yet in your July thread you indicate "I have received the grill mat I was buying from" and "it was great, $ 15.99 spent on the value and I got 5pcs, the quality was fine"

So why do you need any reviews and act like you have never used the product?

In the July thread, when others give you other suggestions of other mats, you discount them. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=249429 Now another thread.

Maybe you are helping to drive sales through Amazon? It just seems odd that of both your posts you lead / bait readers to this amazon product sold through the same "JCE tec" seller.

Only two threads you have posted in and both drive the conversation to purchase these mats on Amazon. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/se...archid=3604621

For myself I have no need for any type of grill mat, but I respect that we all have different needs.
I agree this user looks suspicious. Every post is in his grill mats threads.

If I had need for this type of product I've already got a reversible cast iron griddle. I'm certain it won't leach any plastics into the food, and it'll last forever! I'm seriously considering cutting a notch in one end though to let grease drain.

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-26-2017, 09:29 AM   #6
AceQue
On the road to being a farker

My guess is that it's a bot. Perhaps the mods can look into it?
AceQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2017, 09:43 AM   #7
Jrogers84
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlsportster View Post
Maybe Grill Mats are a CHEATER?
Gold medal for the day
Jrogers84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2017, 11:14 AM   #8
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceQue View Post
My guess is that it's a bot. Perhaps the mods can look into it?
The mods are looking at it

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2017, 12:28 PM   #9
effinUker
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Tim, Moon

Lost me at "buddy" - it pisses me off when someone i don't know calls me buddy.
effinUker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2017, 01:29 PM   #10
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Viet King Cong

If you need reviews or people to buy your wares, offer it at a discount in exchange for a review.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:44 PM   #11
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
The mods are looking at it
I reported it this morning:

His first day he registered, he posted a thread referencing the Amazon Link for these mats through "JCE tech" on Amazon.

When other people suggested other brands he quickly found reasons in 5 other posts why the others grill mats would not work for him.

In his final post of that thread he said he bought them and how great they were at such a bargain.

Today he created a new thread asking for references before he purchases 50 pieces of the product. If he purchased them and stated that they were great and such a bargain, why would he start a second thread referencing the same grill mat through Amazon as "JCE tech" as the seller?

Clearly he started two threads with a total of 8 posts all referencing buying these through "JCE tech" on Amazon. If you look at the links to his posts he is clearly driving sales traffic through "JCE tech" as the seller on Amazon. It's clear to see the only motive for these posts are to drive sales traffic through the "JCE tech" Amazon seller account.

Priceless -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlsportster Maybe Grill Mats are a CHEATER?
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2017, 06:15 PM   #12
Bob C Cue
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by effinUker View Post
Lost me at "buddy" - it pisses me off when someone i don't know calls me buddy.
I could not agree with you more pal!
Thermapen Classic
Thermoworks Smoke

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast
Bob C Cue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2017, 09:23 PM   #13
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

awesome job folks..

Followed the internet bread crumb trail, and yup, tonylii leads to a few know spamming domains and addresses.

BTW.. he wont be posting anymore, but i hope he doesnt mind that i edited his links to use our amazon affiliate ID so the forum gets a cut if anyone buys these things. :)

thanks for helping to police our little internet home here and help keeping us spam free. we try top catch them when they register, but occasionally some manage to sneak in.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2017, 10:54 PM   #14
smokin'hoogie
Full Fledged Farker

They suck anyway!! Real grillin' men don't need them.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:45 AM   #15
mikemci
Babbling Farker

Good job IamMadMan!!
red Thermapen

There are two kinds of countries in the world, those that use the metric system and the one that sent men to the moon and back.
mikemci is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Amazon, grill mats