MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-16-2020, 05:50 PM   #31
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Bacon for the apocalypse! That really is amazing, Jeanie! I'd love to try that, but no 5 year shelf life necessary - I think it'd be on the shelf for about 5 minutes, if it ever got on the shelf in the first place.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?

Last edited by gtr; 01-16-2020 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: spelink
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 01-16-2020, 05:58 PM   #32
Stingerhook

Name/Nickname : Marty

Jeanie, you never cease to amaze with your cooking ideas.

UDS now gone, WSM 18", WSM 22" and pellet pooper in the garage for 18 months now.
Stingerhook is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-16-2020, 06:48 PM   #33
BillN

Name/Nickname : Bill

Who would of thought to can bacon, why Cowgirl did. Thanks for sharing Jeanie.
PK 360 w/Grill Grates
BillN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2020, 09:24 PM   #34
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

IMPRESSIVE!!! I asked my Aunt if she remembered canning sausage.She is 95.She said she did but did not remember the exact way they did it.She does remember that they topped off the cans(jars) with melted lard. The Older folks in the community says my Grandmother ( Aunt's mom) used to make the best canned sausage and homemade head cheese in the county.I wish I had those recipes/ methods at my disposal.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2020, 09:29 PM   #35
drunkenmeatfist
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Sammy

Never would have thought of doing this, but it is a really cool idea. The only canning I remember from my mom was when she threw a can of pears at me. Hit me right in the forehead and I remember the pear juice and a little blood dripping into my mouth. She had told me to simmer down and I didn't listen. Marvelous woman.
drunkenmeatfist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2020, 09:45 PM   #36
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmeatfist View Post
Never would have thought of doing this, but it is a really cool idea. The only canning I remember from my mom was when she threw a can of pears at me. Hit me right in the forehead and I remember the pear juice and a little blood dripping into my mouth. She had told me to simmer down and I didn't listen. Marvelous woman.
Our Moms may have been related! She was AWESOME! We need more like them today.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2020, 11:59 AM   #37
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Smoke & Que View Post
I finally get to use the pressure cooker that I bought my wife three years ago for Christmas. I may go bankrupt buying bacon.
lol That's great Rick! Hope it works out well for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
Bacon for the apocalypse! That really is amazing, Jeanie! I'd love to try that, but no 5 year shelf life necessary - I think it'd be on the shelf for about 5 minutes, if it ever got on the shelf in the first place.
lol Thanks Greg! I'll be set, if zombies take over the world!
I hear ya, it's hard to leave this stuff alone. I could eat bacon every day!
Hope all is well with you, Family and the hens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingerhook View Post
Jeanie, you never cease to amaze with your cooking ideas.
Thank you Marty. Very kind of you!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2020, 12:19 PM   #38
cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillN View Post
Who would of thought to can bacon, why Cowgirl did. Thanks for sharing Jeanie.
Thanks Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
IMPRESSIVE!!! I asked my Aunt if she remembered canning sausage.She is 95.She said she did but did not remember the exact way they did it.She does remember that they topped off the cans(jars) with melted lard. The Older folks in the community says my Grandmother ( Aunt's mom) used to make the best canned sausage and homemade head cheese in the county.I wish I had those recipes/ methods at my disposal.
That's fantastic Hoss!! I bet your Grandmother, mom and Aunt made some amazing food!! I'd love to sit down with your Aunt and visit about canning and the old ways. I bet she is very interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmeatfist View Post
Made me laugh! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
Our Moms may have been related! She was AWESOME! We need more like them today.

Old 01-17-2020, 12:39 PM   #39
ronbrad62

Name/Nickname : Ron

Bacon in a jar!!! That was my birthday wish last year. Excuse me while I go and dry my tears.
You have an amazing talent and I am glad you are here to share it!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
ronbrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2020, 01:23 PM   #40
cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbrad62 View Post
Bacon in a jar!!! That was my birthday wish last year. Excuse me while I go and dry my tears.
You have an amazing talent and I am glad you are here to share it!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Too funny Ron!
Thank you for the kind comment.

Old 01-17-2020, 01:39 PM   #41
thirdeye

One year for elk camp we had decided to share the cooking duties, one guy brought along the canned bacon in the metal cans with the little key to remove the lid. Your's looks about 1,000 times more appetizing.

Barbecuist ~ Charcuterist ~ KCBS Master Judge & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal, SnS Deluxe Kettle

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity” ~ Abraham Lincoln
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2020, 02:15 PM   #42
cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye View Post
One year for elk camp we had decided to share the cooking duties, one guy brought along the canned bacon in the metal cans with the little key to remove the lid. Your's looks about 1,000 times more appetizing.
I bet that was interesting.
Thanks!

Old 01-18-2020, 05:04 AM   #43
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Jen I have canned since I was a lad.... never would have thought about bacon.... if the crap hits the fan and our electrical grids are taken out..... can I come visit I do not mind sleeping in the cellar

Check out our website at ShirleyFabrication.com

Like our Facebook Page Facebook.com/ShirleyFabrication
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2020, 11:06 AM   #44
cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscaloosaQ View Post
Jen I have canned since I was a lad.... never would have thought about bacon.... if the crap hits the fan and our electrical grids are taken out..... can I come visit I do not mind sleeping in the cellar
First... Happy Birthday Paul! Hope you are enjoying the day!!
You're welcome here anytime. lol
I know you put out some amazing food, I bet your canned goods are delicious too! We'll be eatin' high on the hog if the world goes to heck.

Thanks for the kind comment!

Old 01-18-2020, 11:47 AM   #45
SMetroHawkeye
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Hawkeye

Next level, J! Baconny goodness on demand. Love where your head’s at! Thanks for the easy directions, too!
[B]Current Corral:[/B] LSG VO 24” ([I]Li’l Herky[/I]); MAK Two-Star General ([I]Mando[/I]); PK360 with GrillGrates ([I]Galgadot[/I]); Vision Pro Kamado ([I]Punkinhead[/I]); WSM 22” ([I]The Droid[/I]); Weber Kettle ([I]Dory[/I]); Bull Angus ([I]Gasser[/I])
SMetroHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote