"Ultimate Hangover Cure Sandwich" Throwdown (Entry and Discussion Thread) Lasts through Sept 10th!***

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Our new Throwdown category is...

"Ultimate Hangover Cure Sandwich!"

This was Smoke Dawg's amazing entry in the 2014 "Make Dagwood Drool" TD

As chosen by razorbrewer for winning the "Ribs" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

razorbrewer said:
Ultimate Hangover Cure Sandwich!

Create a sandwich that you crave after your favorite team won in triple overtime the night before, perhaps with the help of a Bloody Mary or two. Don't know about you but I'm thinking greasy! I'd encourage all cooking methods and think a plated picture of the completed sandwich with accompaniments would be great. Hot dogs, BLTs, burgers, open faced sandwiches, etc are all fine. Sandwich must meet the traditional definition of a sandwich where bread is the delivery vehicle of the sandwich contents, and all standard Throwdown rules apply.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 8/17 through Monday 9/10.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 9/10.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a fun TD from back in the Day when we had open voting.

I cast my vote for the winning Sammich!

That may have been my first win. And one of the closest non-tie votes ever. There was probably 20 lead changes! And I remember your entry took you about a week to eat!

That may have been my first win. And one of the closest non-tie votes ever. There was probably 20 lead changes! And I remember your entry took you about a week to eat!

LOL - I lost to the Dirty Bastard! (the Beer, the Beer, Matt is a great guy!)

I read through the vote thread and yes it was your first of many wins. Some pretty funny stuff in there. We had a great time and even some play by play from DD.

Yes, I had a side bet at home and it took a couple days but I did eat the entire Sammich :crazy:

I wonder if the Mongo still works?

Please accept this as my entry. woke up hungover AF and whipped this together. Had no real forethought about this throwdown so this is truly my hangover remedy sammich. Which is also why there isnt a cook thread with it.
bacon and double smashburger on the Blackstone Griddle, buns smeared with bacon grease and toasted, Mac and cheese to top it all off. Served on a paper plate so I don't have to clean anything, a Gatorade

Attachments

• hangover food.jpg
    hangover food.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:
I hadn't really planned to enter this throwdown, but the right mix of ingredients came together after all. I submit the "spicy fatty topped with pulled pork" hangover sandwich.

Q Talk thread...

pork10.jpg

Attachments

• 20180903_114328.jpg
    20180903_114328.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 435
Overnight Pork Butt - libations helped in tending the cook

Had to keep busy and well lubricated while tending the butt. Shot of pickle juice, hair of the dog, and some vinegary sauce outta fix me up.
Official entry below and cook thread here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264572

Attachments

• IMG_2355.jpg
    IMG_2355.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 424
Great sammiches, everyone! :clap2:

Sako, you made it 5 minutes before closing...:mrgreen:

Great sammiches, everyone! :clap2:

Sako, you made it 5 minutes before closing...:mrgreen:

Lol I had forgotten about entering this one. So I said Fark it, worse thing can happen is a Dilly bar. Never had one so why not. :becky:

Back