MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices

Notices

Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices We sell the Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices, along with a few select items, that you may find useful for barbecuing or grilling. http://simplymarvelousbbq.com/store/

Old 03-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #1
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Looking for a new rub flavor idea, please weigh in!

I have maple done and not sure I am ready to bring it to market. What are some other flavors or spices you would like to see come to market

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

My weapons: Humphrey's Smokers
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2017, 11:41 AM   #2
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Asian themed. Maybe a five spice combo for chicken wings, pork ribs, chicken, smoked duck.
There might already be similar rubs out there, I haven't checked yet.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 03-01-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
sbramm
is one Smokin' Farker

perhaps something southwestern? big on cumin, coriander, oregano and chili with some heat. i know i would buy some!
Old 03-01-2017, 01:43 PM   #4
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

It's time for the Genie to pour a shot of Ouzo and chow down on some baklava, because Simply Marvelous is going to Greece.

There are too few Greek seasoning blends, and the most mainstream (Cavender's) always requires some tweaking.

Opa !

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)
DUBBAGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 03-01-2017, 02:23 PM   #5
kwas68
is one Smokin' Farker

I love some Asian-inspired sweet chili wings. That's more of a sauce idea but maybe you can put it in a rub form? Sriracha is hot right now.

UDS's, Multiple Weber Grills
kwas68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 03-01-2017, 02:39 PM   #6
gtr

Probably wouldn't be a big seller, but I'd be interested in seeing sometihng that would work with lamb, goat, etc.

Or something that's basically like "put this chit on fish and it'll taste good for sure". I don't know much other than the ole s&p, a little garlic & lemon & it's all well and good, but something that would go a little further/deeper would be cool.

The maple sounds great!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:37 PM   #7
morgan-que
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Captain Morgan
Default Mango

I think mango would be an interesting experiment since sweet fruit rubs seem to work out well. I know there are a few out there already. I think mango-tequila or since I love mango salsa mango-cilantro. I am no Genie but I think this is something up your ally!!
Old 03-05-2017, 06:49 PM   #8
Crakaveli
Full Fledged Farker

a chicken specific rub?
Crakaveli is offline   Reply With Quote