A Friend Sends A Text

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
**Duroc Spares And BabyBacks at United, I got three BabyBack-Hurry.** Without hesitation I ask the Bride if she’s up for a 4 mile road trip. I get to grocery store and there are mounds of regular ribs. No Duroc-anything. I ask the butcher, he says some dude came in and bought a cart full and think they’re all gone. I call my friend to tell him thanks I tried. He laughed and asked is it mounded up with normal ribs? I applied in the affirmative. He said stand on east side and tunnel to the bottom of the stack. He hid me two Duroc St. Louis Spares And two Duroc BabyBack. That’s what friends are for. Duroc 4.99# and regular full spares go on sale 1.47# tomorrow.
4 racks of Duroc ribs $68
Grocery Games

Score! Nice to have a friend patrolling the meat isle for the good stuff.

Ive had good results with Hatfield Baby Backs. They seem to be non enhanced, and not extra meaty either. They also look dark in color. I am not sure what that means in terms of quality, but in my opinion i feel like the darker they look, that's like comparing chicken breast to chicken thighs.

Anyway, Giant had them on sale BOGO free at $4.49/lb so $2.25/lb seemed like a great deal.

That's a fantastic story, and a good friend who found a great way to get you taken care of!

Great story and great friend!

Looking forward to seeing what you think of them. I've never tried but always wanted to (can't find any heritage hog in my area).

What would be cool is if you bought a rack of the regular fair and made prepped them identically. Then you would have to eat them all. For science!

Back