MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 07-24-2020, 04:24 PM   #1
jzadski
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe
Default BBQ Joints from Florida to Michigan

Hey All, so I fully realize that things are much different with covid and all. Looking for some possible spots to grab a quick meal. Not necessarily taking 75 the whole route. Wife wants to aviod the Atlanta traffic. I looked and it seems like Jack's Ol South is closed and maybe it's a different location? Seemed different since the last time I looked it up. Thanks!

Old 07-24-2020, 04:40 PM   #2
JD08
is one Smokin' Farker

Where in Florida are you ending up?
JD08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 04:53 PM   #3
jzadski
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD08 View Post
Where in Florida are you ending up?
Driving from Venice FL to MI
Old 07-24-2020, 05:13 PM   #4
Stingerhook
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Marty

If you want some good sausage to take home re-route here.
https://www.bradleyscountrystore.com/

UDS now gone, WSM 18", WSM 22" and pellet pooper in the garage for 18 months now.
Stingerhook is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-24-2020, 05:18 PM   #5
jzadski
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingerhook View Post
If you want some good sausage to take home re-route here.
https://www.bradleyscountrystore.com/
Thanks Marty, I will put that on the list for sure!
Old 07-24-2020, 05:18 PM   #6
Sjhill
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Stu

If it’s not to far off your path, I’d put Lewis BBQ in Charleston SC up against any BBQ in the country. He worked at franklin bbq and la bbq in Austin then brought his knowledge to S.C. Best brisket and pork ribs I’ve ever had. His Thursday special is a Reuben made with house made pastrami that is the best sand which I’ve ever had. He also serves a green chili corn pudding that is incredible. It’s all great really. Also a really cool atmosphere
Blackstone Griddle

Last edited by Sjhill; 07-24-2020 at 06:44 PM..
Sjhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 07-24-2020, 06:34 PM   #7
jzadski
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjhill View Post
If it’s not to far off your path, I’d put Lewis BBQ in Charleston SC up against any BBQ in the country. He worked at franklin bbq and la bbq in Austin then brought his knowledge to S.C. Best brisket and pork ribs I’ve ever had. His Thursday special is a Reuben made with housemate pastrami that is the best sand which I’ve ever had. He also serves a green chili corn pudding that is incredible. It’s all great really. Also a really cool atmosphere
You had me at Franklin! Plotting it out right now Thanks!
Old 07-24-2020, 08:05 PM   #8
lowcountrygamecock
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Kevin

I’ve had to make several trips to Charleston lately for family doctors appointments. Brisket sandwich from Lewis is always the go to. Definitely worth a stop. I second the green chills corn pudding and the Reuben. I haven’t been on a Thursday lately to get it. I used to recommend Rodney Scott’s place in Charleston also for whole hog pulled pork but it wasn’t that good the last time we went and we haven’t been back.
lowcountrygamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 07-24-2020, 08:38 PM   #9
IrishStout
Knows what a fatty is.

Pierce's in Williamsburg VA. It's been there 50 years. Have fond memories of my father taking me there as a kid.
IrishStout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:44 PM   #10
LYU370

Holy Smokes BBQ in Dublin GA.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 01:16 PM   #11
Mikhail
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mik

Cincinnati: Just Q'In for ribs. Best in town. Brisket is respectable too, as is pulled pork. Sauce has some clove in it like Kosmos.

http://www.justqin.com/
Old 07-25-2020, 02:56 PM   #12
Lighter-Fluid
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Bill

On your way through GA make a stop at https://www.carrollssausage.com/ exit 82 on I-75 They make their own sausage in a variety of flavors. At times they have sausage dogs for sale. There is a BBQ restaurant next door, we ate their once, and we'll just leave it at that.

Depending on what time of day you are passing through south GA there are a few ok BBQ options. Smoking pig, Valdosta exit 22, Keith A Que west off exit 82 (pulled pork is usually good, had a sandwich for lunch today, ribs can be good he cooks full spares, and Smoakies BBQ exit 102 I think. We have tried all of these and frequent them from time to time.

Blow the horn as you come by us and wave!
Old 07-25-2020, 10:13 PM   #13
1MoreFord
Babbling Farker

I arbitrarily chose Detroit as a destination in MI and got two basic routes from FL to MI using Google Maps.

One is I-75 and the other is I-77. I-77 runs thru SC, NC, and VA. I think I'd have to take the I-77 route one way.

Falcon MK V gaseous grill w/Grill Grates, OK Joe Longhorn w/ vertical - now gone, Char Griller Akorn, Camp Chef PG24SG, Weber 22" OTG w/SNS components
1MoreFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 11:30 AM   #14
smoke ninja

woodpile bbq shack. 2 locations, Madison heights and clawson. both close to I-75. near the end of the trip but great brisket
Old 07-27-2020, 02:36 PM   #15
PatAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjhill View Post
If it’s not to far off your path, I’d put Lewis BBQ in Charleston SC up against any BBQ in the country. He worked at franklin bbq and la bbq in Austin then brought his knowledge to S.C. Best brisket and pork ribs I’ve ever had. His Thursday special is a Reuben made with house made pastrami that is the best sand which I’ve ever had. He also serves a green chili corn pudding that is incredible. It’s all great really. Also a really cool atmosphere
Agreed.

I was just there Friday night. It's right across the bridge from where I work.

Don't forget about the Beef Ribs on Saturdays!

I think Rodney has been spreading himself a little thin and QC has gone downhill.

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote