"Ribeye Steak Cook-Off!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, July 20th!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Ribeye Steak Cook-Off"

ua8p12ch.jpg

This was Sako's entry in the 2019 Ribeye Master Throwdown

As chosen by Shiz-Nit for winning the "Fish & Seafood" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

Shiz-Nit said:
Cook a beef rib eye steak to your liking! Bone in or not is fine. Entry photo must feature the cooked steak with no sides. It's OK if the steak is cut, or whole in the entry photo.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 7/3 through Monday 7/20.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 7/20.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Cooked a couple ribeyes tonight and added to some salads we had ready to make. Asiago croutons, Parmesan cheese, bacon bits, and walnut raspberry vinaigrette on the salad.

Steak was seasoned with double garlic butter white lightning, spogos from oakridge, and some South American chimicurri rub. Cooked on 26 Weber with slow n sear with grill grates above it. Duck fat sprayed on grates.

I’ve been trying to eat salads lately and this may have been the best way to make that happen.

Please use last photo as entry for contest.

5e8ae11820f3a99940bc88eebda4508f.jpg

5b0ea669bcedb424aee6428acaa81cb0.jpg

d6066b8bfc0f528830a3c071691611f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cooked a couple ribeyes tonight and added to some salads we had ready to make. Asiago croutons, Parmesan cheese, bacon bits, and walnut raspberry vinaigrette on the salad.

Steak was seasoned with double garlic butter white lightning, spogos from oakridge, and some South American chimicurri rub. Cooked on 26 Weber with slow n sear with grill grates above it. Duck fat sprayed on grates.

I’ve been trying to eat salads lately and this may have been the best way to make that happen.

Please use last photo as entry for contest.

5e8ae11820f3a99940bc88eebda4508f.jpg

5b0ea669bcedb424aee6428acaa81cb0.jpg

Trying to update earlier post to edit. Please use 2nd photo with steak piece cut without salad. Thanks for the heads up!

OK folks, that's a wrap! I will be doing the poll this time, so keep your fingers crossed!

:twisted:

Back