Box lunch Catering

warren.miller

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Does anyone do Box lunch catering?

How do you price it? We are thinking Pulled Pork 1 side or chips and a dessert. Or possible cold Turkey or Chicken Breast.

If you do box lunch how do keep you meat warm and no soggy buns???

It seems like there would be a big market for it so people can grab a box eat and continue to work.

I've thought about this also, my biggest hang up is that pulled pork would be cold by the time you made say 25 box lunches and transported them, then sat for another 20 minutes for various reason before eaten. I like the turkey idea, that with a few other options, Smoked BLT maybe and a few other sandwiches or wraps that you good at room temp. I believe your right, there would be a good market for this.

I think the reason you don't see this much is because of the under 40* or over 140* temp problem. A cold BBQ meat sandwich held under 40* is usually dry and not that appealing. Keeping a hot sandwich hot and in a box with slaw or potato salad doesn't work well either. Even serving on the spot in a 3 compartment clam can be ruff if not eaten quickly. I've can't remember ever getting any kind of box lunch that was really good.

Yes

The box lunch maybe labor intensive also. I still think we could make money.

I like the smoked BLT idea...

and the smoked ham, turkey, Chicken roast beef idea also.

There has to be a way to serve an awesome cold sandwich or wrap.

There also has to be a way to serve hot sandwiches...

We could compete with alot more chain restaurants if we figured this out.

If you want to do hot sandwiches, use insulated bags to transport the sandwiches.

Back