Pulled pork for church youth group

Filipino Monkeyboy

Reaction score
I'm gonna be smoking pork shoulders for a youth group of 25 teenagers mixed boys and girls. I'm wondering how much to smoke bone in Boston butts. Also I'm not getting paid they are just reimbursing me for the cost of the pork. Are there any legal problems I should be aware of? Any jelp would be greatly appreciated.

Anytime you prepare food for someone, regardless of a profit motive, you are on the hook for anyone getting sick. Saying this, I've cooked for hundreds of non-profits and appreciation groups and never had a problem. But I did have insurance just in case. The less credit you get or expect the less you become a target I guess.

Ok things have changed a little it is 25 boys and 25 girls so a total of 50 teenagers. I also clicked on the link for the meat calculator and it says it's expired. If there is another link please let me know. Thanks again

32lbs raw pork for a normal crowd of 50 people. If you want to boost that 4-8lbs because it's teenagers you can but probably won't need it.

I agree 4 butts should be lots. I do cooks like this regularly enough but I have never actually talked to a lawyer about it, seems like there's always free bbqs going on so I guess I just don't worry about it. But I'm sure someone could sue if they wanted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back