Another "how much meat" question

acguy

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
As a fundraiser for a youth group I work with, we're going to have a tritip sandwich booth at 2 differant local festivals this summer. The first has an attendance of around 70K. I don't have enough info to talk about that one yet. The second has an attendance of around 30K with about 10 food vendors serving pizza, calamari, etc. No other BBQ's.

I've read many differant suggestions. I can see that it's really a "dart throw" estimation. One thread suggested 2% of the attendance or around 600 sandwiches. Another more detailed answer suggested half the attendance divided by the number of vendors or around 1500 sandwiches.

Can any of you more experienced grillers help me narrow that down? Because we're just doing these festivals, our perfect estimate would be to run out of food an hour before the festval closes. After these two festivals, we're done until next year.

I am fairly experienced at grilling for large crowds. And my group is very experienced at working festivals. Among other festivals, we've worked the Gilroy Garlic festival for the past few years. That one is huge! We're trying to put all the experience together and have our own booth.

I have only done two festivals so far and I would say we fed somewhere between 3% and 7% of the total crowd. This is a pure guestimate.

Back