• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Store bought vinegar sauce?

che22879

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I really like killer hogs vinegar sauce for pulled pork. Can you guys recommend another vinegar sauce that is as good or better?

Hard to beat the Killer Hogs. I've had it and it's awesome. Scott's is good too and a bit cheaper. It's got a more spicy kick to it as well.

Killer hogs is my favourite but I did like yes dear's red sauce and heath riles pretty good too and would recommend them. . .looking forward to seeing lithg people's replies

All of the above are great sauces. I suggest Heinz Carolina Vinegar Style. If you don’t like it you’ve only wasted about $1.50 but it is rather tasty.

My favorite store bought so far has been Blues Hog TN Red.I have not tried some of the others mentioned.There is a recipe floating around here somewhere called Shack Sauce.I have not made it yet but it sounds pretty tastee.

I have killer hogs as well. I’ve also tried swamp boys, but it is almost pure vinegar to my taste. I used to get pork barrel and loved it. Had issues once with an order and the only numbers listed was for the restaurant so I could never track the order. Finally got it after a month. This was about 2 years ago. Stopped ordering it after that.

Blues hog tn red, killer hogs, Scott’s, George’s are all great. My new favorite might well be Tim bucks bbq sauce (made in Carolina). It is very, very good on pulled pork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KIMG0541-Copy.jpg

roughly not very sweet ketchup. dillute w vinegar but ya its by far the best base to have

Just make your own for much cheaper.

Many recipes on here to choose from. Look up Eastern NC Vinegar Sauce and tweak to your taste.

Also, search Shack Attack for something different but equally awesome!

Back