How'd this work for a cooker?

417bullelk

Full Fledged Farker
Hey guys, got a chance to get this tank. It's a 30" diameter pressure tank made by Syncroflo. Anyone use something like this build a cooker? Sorry for the bad picture but the Blackberry doesn't take the best pics in low light.

Attachments

• Cooker Tank.jpg
    Cooker Tank.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 354
that'd prob do just fine, just make sure it's not under pressure when you go to start making some cuts in it, you really wont know til you cut it open how thick it is etc.

Tank is not connected to anything and I already opened the valve at the bottom. Fittings are all removed from the side of it so as far as I can tell it is empty.

I do not know how the rate tanks in diameter, it looks large in the Pic. Is it 30" across, not 30" around right? How thick are the walls?

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1209629 said:
I do not know how the rate tanks in diameter, it looks large in the Pic. Is it 30" across, not 30" around right? How thick are the walls?

Diameter is width and circumfrence is distance around

I am not sure how thick it is. Yes it's 30" across. Maybe an email to the manufacturer for thickness specs is in order. I do know it is very heavy. If you knock on it, it doesn't resonate much sound. It's pretty solid which has me thinking it's pretty thick.

Found out the bladder is still in it. Could be one reason why it doesn't resonate much when you knock on it. Getting it moved right now. Sent an email to manufacturer.

Any suggestions for a firebox/damper design? Not sure where to start. My brother has the welder to custom build what ever is needed but I would like you guys to give me some ideas. Thanks.

Cha-CHING! That has some serious potential! You gonna make it vertical or horizontal?

Back