March ***SPECIAL*** "Kettle Cook-Off" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS All Month!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New March Special Throwdown Category is...

"Kettle Cook-Off"

46970691965_1e459e25ac_b.jpg

This was DerHusker's winning entry in the 2019 Kettle Cook Off Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. The meal or food you prepare MUST be cooked on a kettle style cooker(Doesn't have to be a Weber).

2. This is an open category, meaning you can cook anything of your choice.

3. In your entry, you MUST include a photo of your food cooking on the kettle, though it doesn't have to be your entry photo. That means you will submit at least TWO photos in your entry if your entry photo is a plated or serving photo. You must specify which photo you want used for voting per Throwdown rules.

4. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this Throwdown!

5. Standard Throwdown rules apply.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/5 through
the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 3/29/21.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 3/29.

Click here to READ THE RULES BEFORE entering this or any BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Does the entire cook have to be on a kettle? I have something that was started on the kettle (+3 hours) and finished in the oven (+2 hours) so the majority was on the kettle.

First Time - Lamb Chop

Entry #1 - Lamb Chop

I've never had lamb before, so wanted to try it. Lamb Loin Chops - Cooked hot and fast on the kettle. Two zone, Slow n Sear, Kingsford blue and Royal Oak lump combined. and I cooked two other items that will be separate entries.

Attachments

• Lamb Chop.jpg
    Lamb Chop.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 378
  • Lamb, Chuck and Burger cook 3.7.21.jpg
    Lamb, Chuck and Burger cook 3.7.21.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 265
Ground Sirloin

Entry #2 - Ground Sirloin Burgers

Cooked until done through. Two zone, Slow n Sear, Kingsford blue and Royal Oak lump combined. and I cooked two other items that will be separate entries.

Attachments

• Ground Sirloin Patties.jpg
    Ground Sirloin Patties.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 378
    48 KB · Views: 261
Chuck Eye Steak

Entry # 3 - Chuck Eye Steak

I cooked these for my wife, so I took them to medium well instead of medium or rarer. Two zone, Slow n Sear, Kingsford blue and Royal Oak lump combined.

Attachments

• Chuck Eye Steak.jpg
    Chuck Eye Steak.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 380
    48 KB · Views: 262
Mod Note: Please Specify Your Voting Picture!

***Folks, a Friendly Reminder:***

When you enter this Throwdown, if you submit more than one photo, PLEASE specify which photo is your entry picture(the one you want used for voting) or we will make the selection for you, which may not be the one you want.

Thanks! :yo:

Here is my "Kettle Cook-Off!" TD entry photos. These pork chops were cured, flavor smoked and finished on my Smokey Joe. HERE is the cooks thread in Q-Talk.

XDTp8C0.jpg

The plate shot is the voting photo ↓↓↓

kYAVrpz.jpg

Nice use of the WSJ for those chops, Wayne! I was hoping you would cook a brisket on it, though...

:becky:

Nice use of the WSJ for those chops, Wayne! I was hoping you would cook a brisket on it, though...

:becky:

Had the snowstorm not interrupted my plans I was thinking of finding 5 or 6 lamb chops and cook them like mini t-bones. :becky:

Back