MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-11-2016, 02:06 PM   #1
tenpenny_05
Full Fledged Farker

Default Will a Weber Smoker Lid fit on a Kettle???

Hey Gents,

Long time lurker here. You guys are all awesome and seem to know your stuff and come here often for tips and tricks and I need some input that may seem like common sense:

Due to a move and a few strange circumstances, I have gotten rid of my 18" WSM and am currently in possession of a 22" weber kettle and a brand new lid with hardware for an 18" wsm.

I have been tossing around buying a cajun bandit/stacker type apparatus for my kettle, but an opportunity for a fairly new 18" kettle has came my way. So i thought about downgrading my 22" to an 18", buying an 18" stacker and using my surplus smoker lid.

Are you still following me here? haha. I know it may seem obvious, but I was hoping one of you could tell me that a WSM lid would fit on the corresponding size kettle bowl. All my endless internet searches have never shown this configuration, so any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!
Coby
tenpenny_05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2016, 02:12 PM   #2
hachi-roku_fan
is one Smokin' Farker

I have a 22 kettle and WSM. I can check for you when I get home later on today
hachi-roku_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2016, 03:30 PM   #3
robert-r
is One Chatty Farker

The WSM lid won't fit on the kettle. It will fit on the stacker.

fwiw - I would keep the 22" kettle. The extra real estate is pretty handy.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:45 PM   #4
tenpenny_05
Full Fledged Farker

I guess this makes me more confused. If you look on the cajun bandit website it says the stacker will work on both WSM and a kettle. So it doesn't make sense to me why a stacker would receive both a kettle and smoker lid. What makes a smoker lid not fit on a kettle?
tenpenny_05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2016, 04:54 PM   #5
Dominic4927
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

The smoker lid actually sits inside the barrel (for a lack of a better term) and a kettle lid sits on the edge of the kettle.
Dominic4927 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2016, 04:57 PM   #6
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

Look at the cajun bandit rings that are reversible so that they fit both the WSM and Kettle...and it'll make sense.

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2016, 08:59 PM   #7
Harbormaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Clark

Yep.
The rolled edge on a WSM lid is the same rolled edge as on a kettle charcoal bowl. The WSM lid will sit on the kettle bowl, but it will not be secure.
A kettle lid will fit on a WSM charcoal bowl though.
Brinkman Cimmaron.
"For when democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote"
Harbormaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Tags
bandit, kettle, lid, smoker, Stacker, Weber, WSM