MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-16-2016, 01:55 PM   #1
fnjay
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Family size bit of everything w/ pron

Just the four of us, but I like variety....so got some small cuts.
Made 2 lbs of suasage this morning
About a 3.5lb brisket heavy with point
About 4lb pork shoulder
Brussels sprouts and a few tators

This is where we are at....gonna actually let these run unwrapped at 250-275 till I feel it's unsafe...then move to grate. Not certain of more pron cuz it's gonna go buffet style as it comes off the pit. Nothing pretty about the plating at my house

Last edited by fnjay; 01-16-2016 at 02:36 PM..
fnjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 01-16-2016, 02:14 PM   #2
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

I bought a WSM over a PBC. Don't you guys ever worry about the meat getting to tender and it falls off the hooks? That would concern me probably the first few times I cooked on one! Looking fantastic tho. Love the look of hanging meat!
blazinfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2016, 02:41 PM   #3
fnjay
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinfire View Post
I bought a WSM over a PBC. Don't you guys ever worry about the meat getting to tender and it falls off the hooks? That would concern me probably the first few times I cooked on one! Looking fantastic tho. Love the look of hanging meat!
Thx. I've not lost anything yet in about 2-3 dozen cooks on it, but this is the first time im letting em run on the hook past IT of 170. Usually I pull it a bit before that and wrap to put on the grate (PBC does have a grate....it's just that hanging is far more space efficient). So we will see! Cause they are small cuts I was experimenting wanted see if I get better bark pulling at 175-180 vs the normal 165...then again I could just not wrap at all....oh well, one variable at a time for now

Old 01-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #4
fnjay
is one Smokin' Farker

So...took em to over 180 IT without issue and pulled. Will get wrapped and on grate till probe tender now. Suasage is done....and goooood. As are the Brussels sprouts. Funny how I've develop a craving for Brussels sprouts since I started smoking em....smoke makes everything better!

Sorry for fuzzy pic....didn't realize it was that bad. I only use my iPad or phone.....don't even have a regular camera.

Old 01-16-2016, 04:08 PM   #5
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Man i love roasted brussel sprouts.

Old 01-16-2016, 04:22 PM   #6
fnjay
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnbish View Post
Man i love roasted brussel sprouts.