Bought a vortex, now what?

I blame you folks on here for this. :biggrin1: After seeing how many of you utilize a vortex for your grilling, I decided to order one off Amazon and am now awaiting delivery.

I'll admit that I just trusted the Brethren on this one and bought it blindly, kind of a "well, it must be pretty handy so I should get it" sorta thing.

I know it is used for indirect, 2-zone kinda grilling, but someone tell me how to best use it. What are some tips/techniques?

Like I said, it was an impulse purchase for which I blame y'all. :laugh:

Check out the attachments.

Attachments

• Vortex Brochure.pdf
    507.9 KB · Views: 18
I use the vortex all of the time. It's great for a reverse sear steak. But let's be honest...its a wing cooker. Cook wings on it one time and you will see.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

100% truth right there.. My only addition would be ABTs. It does a good job there as well.

Wings, Sausages, Steak, Corn for Elote, Potatoes... the possibilities are endless.

You don't always have to put it in the center of the cooker/grill... in fact, I often set it off to one side if I'm doing steak/potatoes/corn.

Hope it works out nicely for you... no matter what cooker you use.

Agree, Marc.

The Vortex really opened up lots of possibilities for me on cooks. My wife actually makes me buy and cook wings on the Vortex....no better endorsement in my house. :-D

Lots of ways to use it! :-D

I was about to buy one for tailgating, but i already have charcoal baskets for my 22. I can set those up to hold coals in the middle.

What does a vortex do that I cant already do?

I have tried them (and own) both a vortex and baskets. Honestly, they work the same for chicken wings. You only really notice a difference with quantity as a find the vortex a little more set and forget if you're doing a bunch of chicken.

But you can get more creative with the vortex....infrared, snake burns, etc.

Back