MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:52 AM   #1
Lakeside Smoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Pulled pork egg rolls.

I'm trying some pulled pork egg rolls today. All I have so far is some left over pork and egg roll wrappers, I'm thinking I need something else...any ideas?

Thanks!
Mike

In polite society, we have an unspoken agreement to call our obsessions hobbies. - Stephen King
Lakeside Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2007, 07:17 AM   #2
Pig Headed
Babbling Farker

While on vacation last week in the Ft. Lauderdale area, I had a rib meat and pulled pork egg roll. It was declicious. It had carmalized onions and sauce in it also.

Pigheaded BBQ Team
www.pigheadedbbq.com
KCBS CBJ

Stumps Stretch (Raquel) Eagles Green.
1 -22" Weber WSM, 1 - 18"Weber WSM's
2 - 22" kettles
6x12 Haulmark Trailer
Pig Headed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2007, 07:19 AM   #3
The Anchorman
is One Chatty Farker

Nappa cabbage, diced celery, an onion, scallions, jullienne red pepper strips. Saute any or all in a neutral oil lightly then add some soy sauce and a drizzle of sesame oil and let cool. drain veggies, so as to not to be to wet, toss with the pulledpork and stuff the egg rolls. Oh maybe some sprouts in there also.
May be like a Korean BBQ Egg Roll.
For Dipping sauce combine your fav BBQ sauce with some asian flavors.
And Serve it up at Harpoon to The ANchorman!

BWS Party, Chubby, WSM, 4 Kettles, 3 Performers, 1 Smokey Joe Platininum, Weber Genisis B, 2 Grey Thermopens
KCBS CBJ
The Anchorman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2007, 07:48 AM   #4
Lakeside Smoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anchorman View Post
Ray your going to Harpoon!?! I thought you didn't get in. Way to go man! See you up there!

Mike

In polite society, we have an unspoken agreement to call our obsessions hobbies. - Stephen King

Old 07-15-2007, 11:17 AM   #5
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anchorman View Post
Nappa cabbage, diced celery, an onion, scallions, jullienne red pepper strips. Saute any or all in a neutral oil lightly then add some soy sauce and a drizzle of sesame oil and let cool. drain veggies, so as to not to be to wet, toss with the pulledpork and stuff the egg rolls. Oh maybe some sprouts in there also.
May be like a Korean BBQ Egg Roll.
For Dipping sauce combine your fav BBQ sauce with some asian flavors.
And by chopping a handful of those ingredients a few potstickers can be whipped up using the same wrappers. (use a biscuit cutter to make them round) They are one of my favorites.

Barbecuist ~ Charcuterist ~ KCBS Master Judge & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal, SnS Deluxe Kettle

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity” ~ Abraham Lincoln
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #6
Yakfishingfool
Babbling Farker

I'd try to go the whole way BBQ and not oriental. Maybe coleslaw and pulled pork, sauciness, maybe onion and garlic, keep it BBQ. Scott
1 Weber performer, 1 Smokey Joe Platinum
1 XL Big Green Egg
1 FEC 100
Team BBQ-Brethren.com
KCBS Certified Judge #9079
Yakfishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 08:00 AM   #7
jbrink01
is Blowin Smoke!

Default At Christmas I make..

Philly cheesesteak egg rolls. Brown my ultra thin ribeye, onions and peppers and season accordingly with sale and pepper. Place in an egg roll wrapper and sprinkle with shredded provolone and white american mixed. Wrap 'em up and fry away. Mmmmmm
[CENTER][B][I][B]KCBS #13207[/B][/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]2013 Insane Can Posse [/I][I]Tour [/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][I]Sponsored By: [/I][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Gateway BBQ Store[/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Blues Hog BBQ Company[/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Plowboys BBQ Company[/I][/B][/CENTER]
jbrink01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 09:57 AM   #8
Bottles 'n Bones BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeside Smoker View Post
I'm trying some pulled pork egg rolls today. All I have so far is some left over pork and egg roll wrappers, I'm thinking I need something else...any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrink01 View Post
Philly cheesesteak egg rolls. Brown my ultra thin ribeye, onions and peppers and season accordingly with sale and pepper. Place in an egg roll wrapper and sprinkle with shredded provolone and white american mixed. Wrap 'em up and fry away. Mmmmmm
How 'bout some ABT Rangoons with some Blues Hot Mustard sauce and/or thinned Habanero jelly for dippin', maybe some Brisket wontons with Horseradish or Wasaaaaabi...??? You know, since you got the fryer goin' anyway...
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#008000][B]Large BGE[/B] [COLOR=black]named Rhona[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black][B]WSM [/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black]Trashcan UDS[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black]Former Klose BYC owner (sniff sniff)[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]**************************[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]Ignorance killed the cat. Curiosity got framed.[/COLOR][/FONT]
Bottles 'n Bones BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 10:07 AM   #9
ZBQ
is One Chatty Farker

You guys are making me hungry!!

Gonna have to try some of this eggroll stuff!!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=blue][B][COLOR=red]Big Z's Sweet Gold[/COLOR] -[/B] [COLOR=black]R[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype][FONT=Georgia]ich honey mustard flavor with a BBQ kick. [/FONT][/FONT]
Great on chicken, burgers, brats, great on ribs too!
Get ya some @ [URL="http://www.greatlakesbbqsupply.com/product.sc?categoryId=3&productId=10"]Great Lakes BBQ Supply Co.[/URL]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][FONT=Palatino Linotype]WSM, Weber Gasser, Weber OTG[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][FONT=Garamond][COLOR=black]"Tilly"[/COLOR][/FONT] - Spicewine Single Axle[/FONT]
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Zs-Sweet-Gold/115561446787?ref=nf"][COLOR=#810081]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Zs-Sweet-Gold/115561446787?ref=nf[/COLOR][/URL]

[/FONT]
ZBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #10
Lakeside Smoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Thanks for the help.

Thanks!

This is what I did.
Saute thin cut carrot, onion, red bell pepper, and celery with veg. oil. Added scallions, been sprouts, salt, pepper, and garlic at the end. Let cool.
Put left over pulled pork and above mixture into egg roll wrapper. Rolled em, egg wash, and deep friend until golden brown. Served with Blues Hog Tennessee Red. They were GREAT! No pics

Mike