Build up the buffer idea

Blythewood BBQ'er

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I'm renewing my subscription this weekend. Is there a way that I could pay 4 non subscribers fees? Would there be a way to do that? If so all who would like a free subscription just say yes or something and I would randomly select the four winners.

Can a mod let me know if this can be done?
Thanks

Extremely generous of you! I've been about to pull the trigger on a subscription so I'll just say that if chosen I'd love to be a part of your generosity. If not - I'll pony up for myself sometime soon. This site is the best and it's the members that make it so great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats unbelievably generous! Thank you from me and future subscribers.

but im not sure of how thats phrased..

you want to pre-purchase 4 subscriptions plus you and then choose the folks?

or you want to purchase FOR some folks TBD

either can be done.. PM me.. let me know what you have in mind.

That is really generous of you!! I've been planning to pull the trigger on a membership myself. For no other reason than to support this site. I think I've visited it everyday since I first signed up. I love this site!! And, thanks to all the brethren for your tips, tricks, support, and kind words and brethren spirit!
If selected, I will do the same for someone else.

I think we should add this twist. Pick a date range. Any new members that subscribe between those dates get entered in a drawing to have their fee reimbursed by Blythewood or Porkalot or Joe. If 40 people join then 6 of them get it on behalf of those generous Brethren!

I like sportsters idea. Make it somewhat of a raffle for people who were considering spending “x” dollars anyways. I’m currently not subscribed but was gonna in the VERY near future anyways. It may push some people over that ledge to pull said trigger. I’m joining before this time next week either way but it’s just a great way for some of you guys that have a lil extra to help like minded(bbq) people, and of course help keep this wonderful place up and running.

I’d be up for sponsoring someone’s membership! I love the idea of paying it forward. I’ve saved way more than $50 of meat by info found on this site.

But on the flip side, I do have an extra smoker and a Shirley on order...also thanks to this site.

Let me know how we can make it happen!

Great guys! Thanks for helping boost subs! I'm still waiting to see how we should do the payments. I like Stl's idea but need to see how to work the logistics out. Don't want to make it difficult for the powers that be to get the funds to the winners.

Last edited:
I bet Jason would do something similar with a Shirley or Hunsaker smoker!

Back