Simple gameday grub..........

DubfromGA

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Since the Weber kettle was already sitting out.....I decided to use it for some gameday grilling.

Made up a batch of slaw for my bride......she loves the stuff on her hotdogs.

I like mine like my son does.......Just some cheese and some of John Setzler's Man Cave Meals Hot Dog Chili on them.

Garage tunes for this cook were some skinny Colt.....and fat Colt.

Noting fancy cooked here.....but the flavor was spot on. Borrowed the meatball recipe from Man Cave Meals once again.

Bacon wrapped meatballs and hot dogs doing their dance over the coals.

Son's first plate.......

Thanks.

My Pirates will lose miserably........but my Dawgs will give a fun game to watch.

Well.......my Pirates are giving up early points and looking ugly.

I'm more than ready to transition over to the Dawgs game.

Wife said she was ready for some eats. Wanted her sauce and dogs dressed out like she likes them.

Looks great!

Mental note: Bacon wrapped meatballs bacon wrapped meatballs bacon wrapped meatballs bacon wrapped meatballs bacon wrapped meatballs bacon wrapped meatballs bacon wrapped meatballs...

Thanks everyone.

I went years without eating hot dogs....then I ran across his hot dog chili recipe and made a batch of it for my family. They went nuts over it....I tried a hot dog and have been hooked ever since.

John's also posted recipe for herb smoked meatballs that has to be tried to be believed.

I left out the herb packet from these, but followed the recipe for the meatballs themselves and added the bacon and rub....basically a freshly made moink ball.

Football games turned out fairly predictable....my Pirates let a ranked team hang 63 points on them, lol and the Dawgs won big....but had a bit of trouble early on. I recorded the Bama game and am watching that this morning.

As much as Georgia has improved in all phases....I just don't feel confident against Bama. Outside of some bumbled punt return catches....they are looking like gridiron monsters. Playing against them at home on a night game has got to be a huge disadvantage for any opponent.

https://youtu.be/vRyssI3AUf4

https://youtu.be/Fcq2UEsz79w

Last edited:
Oh man! I haven't had a chili cheese dog in a long time....might need to put it on the menu :)

Hebrew Nationals are what those were. I really like them.

Every now and again I can find the Ball Park Smokehouse version in the stores.

That chili recipe is insanely flavorful. I promise you. A good dark beer, some diced Vidalia, a pound of lean ground beef (or deer) and some basic ingredients and you have an amazing chili dog that you will pat yourself on the back for.

Looks great. The dogs are looking real good but those meatballs look amazing.

Try that recipe sometime.

The herb pack really imparts some seriously delicious flavor to the meatballs. :thumb:

Back