I'm Off to Myron Mixon's Class in the Morning!

I won't be posting anything until I get back home next week, but I'll post a full report with pics. Myron does allow pics.

I am SO jealous! I have wanted to do this for the past couple years. I hope its as great as it sounds! Can't wait to hear about your experience!

ntranger,

I groveled for a little over a year before my wife finally caved in. It's all about sharpening my cook skills to impress her friends and put great food on the table.....at least that's the line I took. :biggrin1:

Bet it will be a great time. Enjoy! If you get a chance can you ask him who is the "second winningest man in BBQ?"

Myron has a meet and greet Friday evening to get everyone signed in and acquainted. I'm traveling tomorrow to meet some old friends tomorrow night. I lived in the area a long time ago.

It's a packed cook schedule, and Myron is providing breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday. Sunday, we knock off around 2 to feast on the cooks. I'm traveling back home on Monday to allow myself to get over the "Q Coma" before I fly.

My wife would tell you it was the best money I've ever spent on bbq. She's loved the results. Get a picture with him and your diploma. It'll look great on your wall.

"It's all about gettin' paid!!" --Myron Mixon

I've been debating whether to buy me one of his t-shirts with his slogan on the front :)

Nice Heard nothing but good things about his class I won a contest a few years ago and won a free cert to his class Unfortunately things did not work out

I just finished the class and it was an awesome experience. Myron was very informative and entertaining. We prepped and cooked whole hog, pork ribs, beef ribs, pork loin, chicken legs, turkey, pork butt, and brisket. A lot of that was our dinner last night and left stuffed to the gills with Q last night. They bagged up meat for the students to take home and my bag is about 10 pounds.

I will post the full story this week after I get home. It was a blast! :grin:

Back