Chicken quarter selling price

CDLs shouldn't matter...just hop in a truck and make an extra few bucks. You won't be taking any money out a truck drivers pocket & it's safe as hell. What should you charge per mile since we dont have to pay for insurance or anything?

A captain's license from the coast guard shouldn't matter...go pile those 10 guys on your boat and take them fishing for an extra few bucks. You won't be taking any money out of any charter captain's pocket. Do you charge per person or per trip...and how much?

Why do electricians need to be licensed? Hell just go twist a few wires together and slap some drywall over it. You can make some extra money & you wot be taking any work away from the electrical contractors. How much would you charge to wire a house under the table?

No need to worry about the FAA...just buy a plane and start chartering flights. You won't hurt the airlines...its ok, right? How much do you charge per passenger?

Illegal immigrants should be allowed in the country at will, not required to work, and be given free services & housing. No need to pay & wait to do things legally. It won't cost the tax paying, American people.

The above scenarios sound outrageous, but they are actually what the OP is asking & saying.

So yeah...not to rant...but I pay to be in business. I do it the right way. There are numerous licenses and fees to pay on the local & state level...thousands of dollars worth. There are bills & utilities to pay just to be able to do business...tens of thousands of dollars worth. There are certifications to be held by not one, but multiple individuals just so we can unlock the door every morning.

So yeah...do I think EVERYONE should pay the same price & feel the same pain of doing business to be able to do business? You damn right I do.

We are all suppose to be brethren here :doh:

We are.

I have offered help & advice to people for years face-to-face as well as on internet forums. Quite often someone pops up that wants to do things the wrong way. No issues...point then in the right direction. Its when MY motives are questioned that things go the wrong way.

You should never dislike the guy that actually has integrity. Listen, when you go on a public forum and ask advise on how to do something that is illegal...well you have to expect & deal with the fallout.

Integrity is something that should be important to us all...unfortunately it is not.

The State of North Carolina says I can keep 1 Red Drum per day...so when I go fishing I don't come home with more than 1 Red Drum. Could I? Sure. Would anyone know if I came home with 2? Nah. Do I think my keeping an extra fish would hurt the overall population? I don't. But I have enough integrity to obey the law...even though I'm the only one who knows I did.

I'm sorry to be so hard on this...and I know I'm not making any friends by being so...so I'll leave this thread with one final word.

It is very telling that in situations such as this...the person who has integrity is deemed the bad person...while the person with no integrity in the situation at hand is somehow held in high regard. Just shows the world we live in.

Last edited:
CDLs shouldn't matter...just hop in a truck and make an extra few bucks. You won't be taking any money out a truck drivers pocket & it's safe as hell. What should you charge per mile since we dont have to pay for insurance or anything?

A captain's license from the coast guard shouldn't matter...go pile those 10 guys on your boat and take them fishing for an extra few bucks. You won't be taking any money out of any charter captain's pocket. Do you charge per person or per trip...and how much?

Why do electricians need to be licensed? Hell just go twist a few wires together and slap some drywall over it. You can make some extra money & you wot be taking any work away from the electrical contractors. How much would you charge to wire a house under the table?

No need to worry about the FAA...just buy a plane and start chartering flights. You won't hurt the airlines...its ok, right? How much do you charge per passenger?

Illegal immigrants should be allowed in the country at will, not required to work, and be given free services & housing. No need to pay & wait to do things legally. It won't cost the tax paying, American people.

The above scenarios sound outrageous, but they are actually what the OP is asking & saying.

So yeah...not to rant...but I pay to be in business. I do it the right way. There are numerous licenses and fees to pay on the local & state level...thousands of dollars worth. There are bills & utilities to pay just to be able to do business...tens of thousands of dollars worth. There are certifications to be held by not one, but multiple individuals just so we can unlock the door every morning.

So yeah...do I think EVERYONE should pay the same price & feel the same pain of doing business to be able to do business? You damn right I do.
You're comparing apples to oranges. Or in this case, pot roast to pork chops!

So if I want to take more than myself out fishing on my boat, I need a captains license?! I better not take offered gas money either, that's illegal. Just learned that too...

Not even going to get into replying to the other comparisons because I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna do about taking people fishing. Guess I gotta sell the boat...

Thanks for putting everything into perspective for me, brother!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well hell...$4.99 per quarter. That still doesn't help him. We don't know his food cost, his expenses, or the time he'll spend doing it.
Price per lb varies. Depending on source. Time spent would be no different from me cooking for myself. While I'm cooking my quarters for me, the kiddos and the wife, I'll just load the drum up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back