MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:18 PM   #2416
Itpromike
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Name/Nickname : Michael

Anyone by chance have experience with these LSG cabinets in comparison to a Humphreys cabinet? Have a Humphreys currently and I like it but I don’t LOVE it and the things I don’t like seem to be answered by the LSG cabinets... anyone here used both before by chance?

Last edited by Itpromike; 09-05-2018 at 06:26 PM..
Itpromike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 06:25 PM   #2417
Borninblue
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itpromike View Post
Anyone by chance have experience with these LSG cabinets in comparison to a Humphreys cabinet? Have a Humphreys currently and I like it but I don’t LOVE it and the things I don’t like seem to be answered the the LSG cabinets... anyone here used both before by chance?
I haven't used a Humphrey's, but I almost bought one until I found LSG. Not knocking Humphrey's, but what changed my mind was the building process. These things are tanks. No doubt in my mind it will outlast me and be around for a few generations if taken care of.
Borninblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2018, 06:18 AM   #2418
JVM59
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borninblue View Post
I haven't used a Humphrey's, but I almost bought one until I found LSG. Not knocking Humphrey's, but what changed my mind was the building process. These things are tanks. No doubt in my mind it will outlast me and be around for a few generations if taken care of.
Exactly my opinion as well.
JVM59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 12:24 PM   #2419
Invicta Q
Knows what a fatty is.

Has anyone had the task to change the seal on your LSG insulated cabinet? After 4 years of use I was wondering if anyone had any trouble taking the screws out so you can take the flanch off. Did they snap or is their anything that can do to avoid this happening? I understand that I would have to replace with new screws, but I just want to make sure I get the buggers out!

Regards.
Invicta Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 12:31 PM   #2420
Kaptain Kadian
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invicta Q View Post
Has anyone had the task to change the seal on your LSG insulated cabinet? After 4 years of use I was wondering if anyone had any trouble taking the screws out so you can take the flanch off. Did they snap or is their anything that can do to avoid this happening? I understand that I would have to replace with new screws, but I just want to make sure I get the buggers out!

Regards.
I replaced mine a while back. It wasn't too bad. I had a couple of screws that got stuck, but I finally got them. I wouldn't use power tools to remove them and make sure you have the right size of phillips head bit for the screws. The new seals are way better than the original rope gasket style. Go slow and don't strip the heads and you should be fine.

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-16-2018, 12:36 PM   #2421
Invicta Q
Knows what a fatty is.

When you ordered from LSG did they send both seals or did you have to buy one for the cooking chamber and another for the fire box?

Old 09-16-2018, 12:40 PM   #2422
Kaptain Kadian
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invicta Q View Post
When you ordered from LSG did they send both seals or did you have to buy one for the cooking chamber and another for the fire box?
I didn't order them. Chris sent them to me when I had a handle mess up on me. It was a long strip of it that I cut in 2 pieces to fit both doors. I would think that it is enough for both doors.

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-16-2018, 01:39 PM   #2423
Invicta Q
Knows what a fatty is.

Cheers bud.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:10 PM   #2424
Borninblue
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Leo

I'm amazed how quick my ribs get done now in the Mini, I cooked two St. Louis cuts in little over 4 hours and that was with no wrapping. Have you guys noticed quicker cook times? I won a local neighborhood rib cook off today. Nothing more than a small trophy but it meant something for me.
Borninblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-27-2018, 09:10 PM   #2425
AshPit
Got rid of the matchlight.

Name/Nickname : Mike

Been looking a long while, finally finished this thread and made my purchase of one LSG Mini. Hope its here before christmas
AshPit is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 11-15-2018, 07:06 PM   #2426
cfspence
Knows what a fatty is.

Chris built my trailer right at two years ago. 24x72 main chamber pit with warming oven above the fire box. He also put an adjustable charcoal grill and large 72" enclosed storage. It was right at 3300 lbs when it was all said and done so I went ahead and added the additional axel.

Now I'm really glad I added the extra axel because I just ordered the insulated "mini" for the trailer. I love my stick burner but it will be nice to have a set and forget smoker. Lead time is estimated at 6 weeks for anyone thinking about ordering.

I've been watching this thread since I first started researching pit builders. I can tell anyone considering ordering anything from LSG that products are top of the line. I can't wait to add another fine product to my BBQ obsession.
cfspence is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2018, 07:15 PM   #2427
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfspence View Post
Chris built my trailer right at two years ago. 24x72 main chamber pit with warming oven above the fire box. He also put an adjustable charcoal grill and large 72" enclosed storage. It was right at 3300 lbs when it was all said and done so I went ahead and added the additional axel.

Now I'm really glad I added the extra axel because I just ordered the insulated "mini" for the trailer. I love my stick burner but it will be nice to have a set and forget smoker. Lead time is estimated at 6 weeks for anyone thinking about ordering.

I've been watching this thread since I first started researching pit builders. I can tell anyone considering ordering anything from LSG that products are top of the line. I can't wait to add another fine product to my BBQ obsession.
That's gonna be an awesome setup!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2018, 07:52 PM   #2428
SkylightQue
Found some matches.

Default Fireboard users

Have a large IVS and recently got a fireboard and used it for the first time this weekend on a turkey and really enjoyed it. Now I have a few questions;
1. How does everyone have it mounted to the bracket Chris makes for it?
2. When not in use do you take it off?
3. When starting up do you open both valves?
4. Once at or close to temp how do you run your valves?

Thanks in advance!
SkylightQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2018, 08:08 PM   #2429
Kaptain Kadian
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylightQue View Post
Have a large IVS and recently got a fireboard and used it for the first time this weekend on a turkey and really enjoyed it. Now I have a few questions;
1. How does everyone have it mounted to the bracket Chris makes for it?
2. When not in use do you take it off?
3. When starting up do you open both valves?
4. Once at or close to temp how do you run your valves?

Thanks in advance!
What bracket does Chris make for it?

Old 11-19-2018, 08:14 PM   #2430
SkylightQue
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain Kadian View Post
What bracket does Chris make for it?
This one https://lonestargrillz.com/collectio...ad-fan-adapter
SkylightQue is offline   Reply With Quote