Need some brethren help purchasing a smoker

electron_si

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well its actually a buddy of mine who needs help.

We are currently deployed and I've talked him into picking up a pellet smoker. GMG is running an awesome sale right now and he wants to pull the trigger but I can't find anywhere to purchase online.

Does anyone know where you can order GMG online, maybe through an authorized retailer. He lives in the Chicago area so maybe he could purchase through a local store and have his wife pick it up for him?

I'm sure someone on here has done this before so I know this is the place to ask.

Since you’re deployed, I’d call/email Green Mountain Grills and explain your situation. If they have integrity, then I’m sure they’ll find a way to accommodate you. You guys deserve it! Thank you for your service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would contact the closest dealer to his home and see what they will do. I would assume they would be more than willing to deliver and set up the grill for you.

Thanks for the replies and the support guys. We will try calling them today and see if they will drop ship from GMG.

I've been showing my buddy some cooks I've done on mine and we had them over for ribs before we came over. He got bit by the bug.

There aren't a lot of places to buy one online... I just looked around and the few places that did have them typically had them marked up a decent amount compared to what you can find in a store. Plus shipping will be expensive. Looks like there are a few dealers in chicagoland. Where are they located? I would bet that there has got to be at least one dealer that would deliver it for him once purchased? I know ABT in Glenview had some Eggs and Traegers and that they deliver... Not sure if they carry GMG or not though..

Yeah so GMG won’t drop ship. The first place we called is a 20 minute drive and they want $152 to deliver it to his house (no thanks). They did say he could buy it and they would hold it for him, 6 months is a pretty long hold though.

Going to try another place that’s local to him.

And this is not for me, my deployment purchase is going to a PBC. We are roommates so basically him on the phone means I’m on the call too lol.

Yeah so GMG won’t drop ship. The first place we called is a 20 minute drive and they want $152 to deliver it to his house (no thanks). They did say he could buy it and they would hold it for him, 6 months is a pretty long hold though.

And this is not for me, my deployment purchase is going to a PBC. We are roommates so basically him on the phone means I’m on the call too lol.

PBC > Pellet Pooper :razz:

PBC > Pellet Pooper :razz:

Yeah he has 3 kids and not a lot of spare time. He has seen some of the things come off my traeger and is impressed how easy it is.

I’m looking forward to the world of the PBC

Can she pick it up?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back