The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-16-2018, 03:03 PM   #9121
BigKing
Full Fledged Farker

So there are no issues with leaving the cooker on the dolly while cooking? I'm so in on one of these if that is the case! I'm 6'4" so adding a little bit of lift to things wouldn't hurt either.

Old 08-16-2018, 03:36 PM   #9122
TXNewbie
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
So there are no issues with leaving the cooker on the dolly while cooking? I'm so in on one of these if that is the case! I'm 6'4" so adding a little bit of lift to things wouldn't hurt either.
I have done it several times so far with no issues.
TXNewbie is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2018, 04:02 PM   #9123
70monte
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
I can't see that there would be any issues leaving it on there since it's made of metal just like the original stand.

Old 08-16-2018, 04:09 PM   #9124
70monte
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro7 View Post
Had to look up what the green line in the flag meant. Have never seen it before aside from the fire/police red/blue. Very cool!
Yes, it represents US Federal Agencies. I'm retired Federal Law Enforcement. I wasn't aware they had it either until after I had received my replacement barrel with the holes drilled for these specialty badges but no badge was installed.

I called CS to find out what I could do about the holes and she told me they would give me a specialty badge and asked which one did I want. I told her I was retired Law Enforcement and she said she would send me the flag with the blue line. I was on their website a little later that day and happened to look at the barrels with the specialty badges and saw there was one for Federal Agencies so I asked to change it to that.

Old 08-16-2018, 04:12 PM   #9125
70monte
Full Fledged Farker

Here is the link to the dolly I purchased.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #9126
BigKing
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
Here is the link to the dolly I purchased.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks! I saw this one and another one that is silver but cost a little bit more. I might go with the silver but, either way, seems like a small investment for easier use.

I went to Kauai for two weeks starting on 7/27. Haven't cooked anything in nearly a month but have been tapped to do a brisket and a butt for a birthday party this Sunday. Looking forward to getting the PBC smoking again.

Old Today, 01:56 PM   #9127
johnnylightnin
Knows what a fatty is.

I’ve got some butts on the PBC this pm for a get together tomorrow. Should I pull them today or reheat the whole butts and pull them tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Today, 08:24 PM   #9128
AClarke44
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
I’ve got some butts on the PBC this pm for a get together tomorrow. Should I pull them today or reheat the whole butts and pull them tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Little late to answer but I would have pulled them today....
Weber Spirit E-210
Black 18 Weber OTS
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Turker Fryer

Check out the PBC Appreciation Thread!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=210239
AClarke44 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
hanging meat, Hooking meat, Noah Glanville, PBC, PBJ, pit barrel cooker, pit barrel junior, pork butt, set it and forget it