webstaurantstore.com

jhuyser

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was going to place my first order ever at Webstaurantstore.com.. But then I stopped at check out, why are their shipping fees so HIGH???

I ordered a GIANT pot from them this spring. The pot was 35, the lid was 11 and the shipping was 16.

I figured it was because it was big and bulky. Maybe that's just how they roll?!?!

Ya i had 4 pounds worth of styrofoam products total was 60 bucks and shipping was 35 dollars ...

It's pretty crazy. It isn't so bad if you order enough that the S&H evens out, but for smaller orders it's absurd. Kind of comical actually. My last order ended up being enough to PACK my SUV, and the shipping was almost nothing. The items came from like 5 different warehouses, too. And things that were already in a large box, were put inside another large box, it was so wasteful.

The really bad part, is they carry a lot of items you just can't find elsewhere. I've looked for a few things that I ended up biting the bullet on, just because the other options cost even more.

Try looking at KaTom and see with their shipping is any cheaper. I think I went with them because it was.

I have their shipping charges to be all over the place.

Katom did a quick fake order and yes shipping was 1/2 what webstuarant was doing.. thanks for the info!! Katom is a little pricer, less quantity for same price..

Back