MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-28-2020, 11:16 PM   #31
drunkenmeatfist
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Sammy

Still nothing on the idea that he might have been talking about the MB Gravity? Two OC owners have said that their cookers are different than what was described in the video.
drunkenmeatfist is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2020, 01:08 AM   #32
SmittyJonz
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmeatfist View Post
Still nothing on the idea that he might have been talking about the MB Gravity? Two OC owners have said that their cookers are different than what was described in the video.
I didn't see the Video - maybe he was - I got no Clue.

Old 09-29-2020, 01:12 AM   #33
SmittyJonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
He said his had screws and opened up the chute to look inside. Maybe welded the smell doesn't escape?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Top top on Old Country is screwed On - has lip all way around that extends 2" down onto the sides screws go thru. Then top of chute is welded to top- chute goes thru the top. So even if you pull All the screws you can't take Top Off without cutting welds around the Chute Top. I ain't cutting mine apart just because some jackazz says insulation burnt and he could be talking about the Masterbuilt instead.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7c6a8d9ab3.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...be7b6b53d7.jpg

Last edited by SmittyJonz; 09-29-2020 at 01:19 AM..
SmittyJonz is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-29-2020, 02:07 AM   #34
SmoothBoarBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

I have no opinion on the YouTube personality, but it sounds like he was out there pushing bogus 3rd party information, and it may have cost him his channel and any revenue it was generating. This is why I'm always so adamant with people on here that you can't just take someones word on something as true when there is no evidence to back it up.

Old 09-29-2020, 05:02 AM   #35
16Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyJonz View Post
Says video unavailable so I don’t know what y’all are talking about
Emily Litella came to mind

Thanks from: --->
Old 09-29-2020, 06:47 AM   #36
Lynn Dollar
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : A man named Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothBoarBBQ View Post
I have no opinion on the YouTube personality, but it sounds like he was out there pushing bogus 3rd party information, and it may have cost him his channel and any revenue it was generating. This is why I'm always so adamant with people on here that you can't just take someones word on something as true when there is no evidence to back it up.

His YT channel was not monetized.

Another guess on my part, he self deleted, he's embarassed or thinks he's being harassed for making that vid critical of the OC GF ........... so he runs and hides.
Lynn Dollar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2020, 07:16 AM   #37
Mht150
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : David

Someone reported his channel a week or so ago and YouTube pulled it. It was back up last week and now down again so I’m speculating that someone reported him again and YouTube being what they are pulled him again.
Mht150 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2020, 08:08 AM   #38
Lynn Dollar
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mht150 View Post
Someone reported his channel a week or so ago and YouTube pulled it. It was back up last week and now down again so I’m speculating that someone reported him again and YouTube being what they are pulled him again.

Would be better for Old Country if it was up, so they would know what they're defending themselves of.

Why would YT close his channel ? I can't believe it was because he was critical of Old Country. Had to be more to it.

Old 09-29-2020, 08:13 AM   #39
bschoen
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Bruce

While I thought the video was 8 minutes of bla bla bla for 15-30 seconds of information (I said this already), what on Earth justified pulling it? If 'worthless' justifies pulling a youtube channel, youtube will cancel itself.
bschoen is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2020, 08:22 AM   #40
Callahan-que
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Rick

His channel is still up https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=Trendkill+BBQ

Old 09-29-2020, 08:26 AM   #41
HuskerMan
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mht150 View Post
Why would someone report a cooking YouTube channel?
HuskerMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2020, 08:48 AM   #42
darita
is One Chatty Farker

Since I've watched several of his vids and they all seemed ligit. He always says, he's just a regular guy, doing his thing. It's what we all do on forums, FB, etc. That said, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? Did he pull out or did YT do something? Did he get a threat from OC? Like you said, unfortunately it's all speculation now...unless someone has the inside skinny.

Old 09-29-2020, 08:58 AM   #43
Lynn Dollar
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'ville Grill View Post

No, you're not going far enough. go to one of those vids in your link, and click on his YT channel link, it will take you to a page that says that channel does not exist.

Old 09-29-2020, 09:00 AM   #44
Lynn Dollar
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darita View Post
Since I've watched several of his vids and they all seemed ligit. He always says, he's just a regular guy, doing his thing. It's what we all do on forums, FB, etc. That said, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? Did he pull out or did YT do something? Did he get a threat from OC? Like you said, unfortunately it's all speculation now...unless someone has the inside skinny.

Regular guy or not, if he's gonna make those accusations, he needs to present proof to back up what he's saying, not just what he was told.

This is a big problem with the internet, no one is accountable for what they post . If people were threatened with legal action, they would be more careful

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:14 AM   #45
Hinds15
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : BullseyeMetalWerks

Well that sucks. I enjoyed his content. "This video is unavailable" pops up on all his video's currently.
Hinds15 is online now   Reply With Quote