Old Country Gravity Problem?

I watched his video again and he is describing what happened to the Masterbuilt gravity fed pits. He says the guy took out the screws on the chute gasket to get to the insulation but on my Old Country gf its all welded together. You would need a blowtorch to get into this thing.

I would like to see someone address this post.

Looks like the video was taken down.

I think the entire YT channel is gone, I subscribe to him, and I can't find it.

I'm getting a message the Trendkill BBQ " channel does not exist " .

This is not fair to Old Country. He drags them through the mud, creates doubt about one of their products, then apparently deletes his channel leaving the issue in doubt.

And Old Country gave him a Brazos, that he's only fired up once in a video.

Last edited:
No one takes YT vids as gospel, however it raises points and possibly explains partly why Old Country has been pulled from Academy.

Sold Out not Pulled. The original shipment was only 30 units and Covid screwed up the second shipment plans. Academy takes stuff off their website when it’s out of stock instead of saying out of stock - don’t know why.

We’ve had this conversation Many times on every old country model they sale. Somebody comes on here saying that they dropped them and they must be discontinued and then they get a new shipment and it comes back up on their website.

Last edited:
Says video unavailable so I don’t know what y’all are talking about
Funny smell from the OC GF. he's saying they use cheap insulation that melts around the chute. Can you open your chute lids and see what you see?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Funny smell from the OC GF. he's saying they use cheap insulation that melts around the chute. Can you open your chute lids and see what you see?

You can’t see insulation - it’s inclosed -fully welded........ so I need Evidence - Pics or Video or I call BullSheet........ Stink - maybe guy's a Dumbarse and running a dirty fire or stinkwood.......or set something on Top of smoker that burnt ? or he meant the Masterbuilt .......

I’ve had Zero issues with mine -other than ones I caused by letting it sit in the driveway for 6 weeks at a time without firing it up and it either molded and/or the charcoal in chute got damp and didn’t want to light.

Last edited:
Maybe Smitty addressed this post

I watched his video again and he is describing what happened to the Masterbuilt gravity fed pits. He says the guy took out the screws on the chute gasket to get to the insulation but on my Old Country gf its all welded together. You would need a blowtorch to get into this thing.

You can’t see insulation - it’s inclosed -fully welded.

I’ve had Zero issues with mine -other than ones I caused by letting it sit in the driveway for 6 weeks at a time without firing it up and it either molded and/or the charcoal in chute got damp and didn’t want to light.

He said his had screws and opened up the chute to look inside. Maybe welded the smell doesn't escape?

He said his had screws and opened up the chute to look inside. Maybe welded the smell doesn't escape?

Maybe Trendkill figured out the guy he sold it to ............ was working him, then became embarrassed and instead of owning it, he deletes his entire YT channel ?

I mean hey, its all speculation at this point ......... and extremely unfair to Old Country.

Still nothing on the idea that he might have been talking about the MB Gravity? Two OC owners have said that their cookers are different than what was described in the video.

Still nothing on the idea that he might have been talking about the MB Gravity? Two OC owners have said that their cookers are different than what was described in the video.

I didn't see the Video - maybe he was - I got no Clue.

Top top on Old Country is screwed On - has lip all way around that extends 2" down onto the sides screws go thru. Then top of chute is welded to top- chute goes thru the top. So even if you pull All the screws you can't take Top Off without cutting welds around the Chute Top. I ain't cutting mine apart just because some jackazz says insulation burnt and he could be talking about the Masterbuilt instead.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191206/cd38ba74f144aa09aa8c307c6a8d9ab3.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191206/2e59c052a867c05a4237b1be7b6b53d7.jpg

Last edited:
I have no opinion on the YouTube personality, but it sounds like he was out there pushing bogus 3rd party information, and it may have cost him his channel and any revenue it was generating. This is why I'm always so adamant with people on here that you can't just take someones word on something as true when there is no evidence to back it up.

I have no opinion on the YouTube personality, but it sounds like he was out there pushing bogus 3rd party information, and it may have cost him his channel and any revenue it was generating. This is why I'm always so adamant with people on here that you can't just take someones word on something as true when there is no evidence to back it up.

His YT channel was not monetized.

Another guess on my part, he self deleted, he's embarassed or thinks he's being harassed for making that vid critical of the OC GF ........... so he runs and hides.

Someone reported his channel a week or so ago and YouTube pulled it. It was back up last week and now down again so I’m speculating that someone reported him again and YouTube being what they are pulled him again.

Someone reported his channel a week or so ago and YouTube pulled it. It was back up last week and now down again so I’m speculating that someone reported him again and YouTube being what they are pulled him again.

Would be better for Old Country if it was up, so they would know what they're defending themselves of.

Why would YT close his channel ? I can't believe it was because he was critical of Old Country. Had to be more to it.

While I thought the video was 8 minutes of bla bla bla for 15-30 seconds of information (I said this already), what on Earth justified pulling it? If 'worthless' justifies pulling a youtube channel, youtube will cancel itself.

Back