Fundraising cook for ambushed sheriff's deputies

dannypat21

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Tomorrow I will embark on the biggest cook I have done to date. I was asked to bbq for a fundraiser at the Century Sheriff's station for the two Compton deputies that were ambushed and shot while parked on duty. I feel honored to be cooking for this event, and I hope I am able to nail the cook.
I will be cooking 10 prime briskets, 6 pork butts, 30 racks of ribs and a ton of mac and cheese and smoked bbq beans. I will be cooking on a Lang 84 and a Shirley 24×70. I will try to post pics of the cook and event. Prepping as much as possible the past couple days, but I have never trimmed close to this much meat.
Wish me luck brethren!

Wow! That's a big cook. Hope you have some good help. Quiet an honor indeed!

Good luck .

Thank you Sir for doing this as things like this is what makes our communities stronger and more unified.

As I have said many many many time BBQ people could solve all our worlds problems with a good cookout a beverage of choice and just sit down and talk, brainstorm, come up with solutions and enjoy the food and fellowship.

Looking at what you have to smoke things up with,,,ur gonna get’er done superbly
Good on you for taking this on.
It will be a success
Oh,,,, don’t forget to post some pics !

Wow! That is a great honor. I hope you never have to do it again though. [emoji26]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I can only echo the sentiments already mentioned of thank you, good luck and wish I could be there to help. Kudos to you and everyone involved!

Would love to know more about this so that I could possibly come and support it! Unfortunately after a quick search I haven’t been able to find anything. Please post more details and good luck on the cook!!

Would love to know more about this so that I could possibly come and support it! Unfortunately after a quick search I haven’t been able to find anything. Please post more details and good luck on the cook!!

This is an event being put on by the Century sheriff's station to raise money for the deputies at Compton Station. I will be serving at the station to the deputies so it is not open to the public. Thanks for the well wishes!

Back