• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

***October Special:"National Pizza Month!" *** Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) Lasts Through Oct. 30!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our October SPECIAL Throwdown Category is..."National Pizza Month!"

This was tom b's entry in the 2016 "National Pizza Month Throwdown".

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. Cook a pizza on your grill or smoker or other outdoor cooking device.

2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this TD only!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/6 through Monday 10/30/17.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 10/30/17.

Click here to
READ THE RULES
for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Just to be clear, this doesn't include pizzas made with toppings cooked on outdoor cookers, correct?
The reason I ask is that I cook pizzas almost every week, using leftover meat and veggies from outdoor cooks, but my propane oven is in my kitchen, not outside.

I'll go first, simple pepperoni.... this is an entry
sIQo9jHh.jpg

Last edited:
****** NOT AN OFFICIAL ENTRY*******

After some reflection, I've decided that this cook (and post) doesn't really fit with the contest, so I've withdrawn it. I mean, I don't even have a pic of a whole pie, let alone one that I made myself.

20+ pies done on 2 Performers and a OTP, each rocking a Kettlepizza.

Wish I had taken more pics of the actual pies, but I was kind of busy.

Also, don't know if it being a group effort would disqualify my entry. My cousin tossed the doughs, guests made their own pies and brought them out for me to cook.
71d7a6e0e0e1569f4e9d73078e0affc8.jpg
e1909f2b8e52afa9c929cc2769734ad7.jpg
eb5d05abe00b12dad2e23d62c6f0c8c6.jpg
f8dda297269b4f15a43350af6508bb69.jpg
8fe92add622b268c93be513e1fc380a2.jpg
5aff8850b9816cd911fe27328c514001.jpg
4ff6094244863211ae54eca887fffa93.jpg
abde717d9f193ba9fdb8a4cc09d771aa.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Demosthenes,

Can you indicate which is your entry photo per the rules?
9. Only one picture from your entry can be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise the moderator will choose and the moderators decision is final. You are allowed to enter more than once but only one of your entries can be used in the voting thread (for example if you want to enter a second dish that will replace your first one). You must CLEARLY state which entry is the one you want to go to the vote thread. Otherwise the moderators will choose for you and that decision will be final. If the moderator did not choose the photo/entry you explicitly specified, please send the moderators a PM and we will do our best to correct the issue.

Thanks!

Please accept this entry for the throwdown.

Packed up my Blackstone for vacation, which I grabbed this summer due to folks here sending out word it was on such a great sale. Got up in the morn and attempted my first 'raw egg' pie. It's baby spinach, ham, cheddar, and the egg of course. Did two attampts, one where I parbaked the dough a bit because I was scared of not getting the pie in without spillage. Second one I just went for it and here it is.

mcjCkZt.jpg

Did pizzas for lunch today, not the throwdown. Figured I'd throw in pics for entries for s@#ts and giggles.

These are my entries. Plain cheese and basil pies. Did them both on the kettlepizza. Homemade dough with caputo flour. I cooked the plain pie less than I like it to practice making it like my fiancee likes. Besides, after November 3rd well be hitched and if I don't get it right she'll beat me worse than she does now when I burn her eggplant.

I guess use the last one as my entry if only 1 is to be used.

Last edited:
Back