MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:03 PM   #16
ronbrad62
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Ron

Just send him to YouTube. It will save you the aggravation and he may actually pay attention to the videos, especially when they are all pretty much the same procedure.
ronbrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 12-03-2017, 08:07 PM   #17
RemoGaggi
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : RemoGaggi

Now he just texted, "What do you do with the smoker when u pull the meat?". Again, OY VEY!

Old 12-03-2017, 08:09 PM   #18
patrickd26
Full Fledged Farker

He's an engineer. Help help him out because I promise you that's what he would do for you!
patrickd26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-03-2017, 08:14 PM   #19
LYU370

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoGaggi View Post
Now he just texted, "What do you do with the smoker when u pull the meat?". Again, OY VEY!
You need to throw it out and buy a new one each time. Doesn't he know that?!?!?

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2017, 09:14 PM   #20
wihint
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYU370 View Post
You need to throw it out and buy a new one each time. Doesn't he know that?!?!?
LOL That is just uncalled for but funny as hell. I too work with people who are so mis-informed.

They are friends for a reason.... have patience brother.

Weber 22, Weber 22 OTG, Weber 16 and Kamado
wihint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2017, 11:17 PM   #21
JDM46
is one Smokin' Farker

4 yaers ago, I koudn't eaven speel unginerr. Now I are one.

Old 12-03-2017, 11:27 PM   #22
RemoGaggi
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : RemoGaggi

You guys are too funny. It's been a OVER A YEAR since he's had the WSM. On top of that, he is 51 years old, not some teenager. I can understand not knowing the how to successfully smoke a brisket, but there is absolutely no reason a 51 year old man does not know how if the vents are to be open or closed when starting charcoal and what to do after the cook is done. If he ask me again, I'm going over there and taking the WSM from him.

Old 12-03-2017, 11:55 PM   #23
Kanco Connection
is One Chatty Farker

Thank your for this post, Remo. At first, I was a little salty with you, “Hey give your bro a break.” But the more I read, the more sympathetic I became. And I ended up laughing out loud. My wife came in and asked what was so funny. I got to share it with her since she knows I’ve been there before! Great post. I empathize, my bro.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:00 AM   #24
kwas68
is one Smokin' Farker

I made my friend a UDS, gave him advice and pointed him to amazingribs.com as a valuable resource. He was asking about pork butts and I told him my overnight method of putting it on at midnight and foiling at 6am. This would give him 5+ hours of uninterrupted sleep and pork ready by midday that could be served at lunch or dinner. I find this to be quite manageable.

The next time I saw him, I asked him how his cook went. He said it was done early. Then he went on to tell me that he just foiled it from the start as he didn’t want to be bothered. “ I never get up before 8am on the weekends.” Should have used his wife’s crockpot! He was happy with the results, though.

UDS's, Multiple Weber Grills

Last edited by kwas68; 12-05-2017 at 02:41 PM..
kwas68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2017, 09:09 AM   #25
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

Quote:
You guys are too funny. It's been a OVER A YEAR since he's had the WSM. On top of that, he is 51 years old, not some teenager. I can understand not knowing the how to successfully smoke a brisket, but there is absolutely no reason a 51 year old man does not know how if the vents are to be open or closed when starting charcoal and what to do after the cook is done. If he ask me again, I'm going over there and taking the WSM from him.

Tough Love, Brother.

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

"Nice talkin' to ya" :yo:
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2017, 09:33 AM   #26
Mikhail
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mik

Everything is easy if you know how. Not so much if you don't.

His experience reminds me of my first attempts at smoking 20 years ago... disaster!!! Then I started reading up on it. And I found online resources like here. I learned how much time is involved and about fire control. And the number one virtue in smoking - patience.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:47 AM   #27
cholloway
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Colin

This involves a bit of common sense also.
I have a neighbor who could be this guy's twin.
Char-Broil 450 (Purchased new in 1981)
1996 Blue Weber SS Performer
Weber charcoal Go-Anywhere
2 Weber SJSs & modified stock pot Mini-WSM
Weber rotisserie, Rib-O-Lator & Smokenator system
Blackstone Tailgater Combo & STOK Island gasser
cholloway is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2017, 11:27 AM   #28
Mikhail
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mik

Quote:
It's 5:46pm and he just called me asking how to probe the meat for tenderness, again! I tell him to use the thermometer. Then he asks how does he probe without removing the lid. OY VEY!
You should make up some elaborate voodoo ritual involving chicken bones, funny hats and the throwing of dice. Have his wife video it.

Old 12-04-2017, 12:32 PM   #29
BillN

Name/Nickname : Bill

This is why I don't have friends... Seriously though I have not had this problem my friends have always been content to let me do the cooking. Even in college I would get invited to dinner to find that dinner would be ready once I had cooked the ingredients that had been purchased, I didn't mind cause I always like cooking.

A few years back a friend of mines wife was out of town for a couple of days he calls me up and asked me if I like ham sandwiches and if I knew how to make one. I answered yes to both questions then he asked I could come over and make us both a ham sandwich. Apparently his wife left the ingredients but had failed to pre-slice the ham and leave instruction on how to assemble said sandwich... Thank goodness she left all his other meals in microwave safe dishes with explicit instructions on what to do. What makes this relevant is he was a civilian project engineer for 30 years with the Navy in charge of Refueling and Overhaul of nuclear powered carriers.
PK 360 w/Grill Grates
BillN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #30
mikemci
Babbling Farker

That's funny!! An engineer and he can't build a ham sandwich. LMAO!!!
red Thermapen

There are two kinds of countries in the world, those that use the metric system and the one that sent men to the moon and back.
mikemci is offline   Reply With Quote