• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

UPS finally came through

jkief

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
As you may know, the new machine was sitting in the UPS distribution center since last Thursday. Yesterday it finally came in. I called Jeff stouthearted 19th of Jan to place the order. After talking with him for a while, we dialed in exactly what I wanted and worked out a price. He offered me an excellent military discount and was probably the only reason I could swing it. (Besides the fact I sold my Ooni last month and my Hunsaker today). Came bolted to the pallet and getting the wheels on was easy with 2 people. (Shout out to the wife for helping!!) I washed it all down yesterday evening when I got the wheels on to get the manufacturing dust/weld dust out of it. I got it to the back patio and called it an evening. This morning, I fired it up to 250 to finish drying it out (was really humid last night). Stabilized at 250 and wife and I ran to Sams. Came back an hour later and it was sitting at 253. Removed everything wiped it out again, sprayed down with avocado oil, put everything back into place and brought up to 360. Been holding there ever since. At noon, going to back it back down and smoke a chuck roast for some Mississippi Pot Roast.

Last edited:
Very nice and glad you finally got it after the ordeal. Looking forward to your future cooks.

So decided to play around with the temp on it before the first cook so I know where the hot spots are. I have it set up with the charcoal on the right and the solid part of the v-pan over the coals. The perforated part of the v-pan is on the left. The probes are set top left and right and bottom left and right. They match the display as they sit in the grill. Grill is running 366 on the dial. Top lest if almost dead on. Bottom left is about 15 degrees cooler. Bottom right just over the coals is hottest by about 30 degrees. (As expected). Top right is about 17 degrees hotter than the dial. Nothing super shocking, but definitely gives an idea of where the heat lies.

Last edited:
Glad you finally got it! Love the color! How long can it hold those temps?

I will bet at least 12 hours. I only loaded maybe a quarter of the charcoal pan full. I started promptly at 0800 this morning and was running 250. At 0915, I bumped to 360 and it ran there until 1300. Still had half the charcoal left, but since I am doing a roast, I didn’t want to run out. Loaded another handful of charcoal and a couple of chunks of wood at 1300. At 1330, the roast went on. An hour in and this is what it looks like..

Last edited:
Thanks! How are you controlling the temps? Also, what size is it? 48?

Controlling manually through the intake and stack. I purchased the adapter for it, but I need the ball adapter Pitmaster IQ sells in order to run my 110 on it. It’s the 48”. I wanted something big enough to light one side and smoke on the other. Holding temps like a champ.

Back