Shirley Fabrication build in progress.

GoolsbyMD

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well less than a week and I'll be down in AL. Picking up my new SF RF smoker. Paul has sent me some pictures of the build. I opted for a regular RF smoker no warmer, 3/8 firebox, and upgraded move ability. I'll be cooking at the house mostly so if I need a holding area I'll click on the oven. I can't remember the exact size of the grates off the top of my head but it's around the size of the lang 48. Check out those stacks of nickels laid down, trying to pass that off as human welded. Gotta be a robot in there. Will continue to update and later on hopefully Monday some TBS.
IMG_8511_zpsymia9xur.jpg

IMG_0944_zpshcfhekhd.jpg

IMG_7981_zps5vewse0q.jpg

IMG_5236_zpsuspsz686.jpg

I wonder if them Alabama Boys have ever built a small smoker? :twitch:

Hahaha. Mine started out in the plans as a 36"er. By the time it was done its 50 something inches. And I'm glad it worked out that way.

Looks great so far. This will be the longest week of the wait.

Great looking rig! I Could not have made those welds look that good.:clap2:My welds look like a dizzy monkey made em. But they will hold shelled corn and s
smoke.:heh:

Hahaha. Mine started out in the plans as a 36"er. By the time it was done its 50 something inches. And I'm glad it worked out that way.

Looks great so far. This will be the longest week of the wait.

I'm hoping my area gets snow, not Paul's :heh: so I can miss some work days and sleep the week away.

Looking good! I'm definitely jealous that you will be in the same area as I am and have that bad boy to cook on lol.

Back