Belated Thanksgiving Cook

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I said in my Christmas cook thread that I’ve been away from cooking since the last week in October but I did manage to get the Thanksgiving turkey cooked on the kamado. As there was just going to be the 3 of us we ended up having dinner over at our next door neighbor house. (They were very kind to invite us) They were making everything else but wanted me to cook the turkey in the kamado. I was already going to do one so how could I refuse. I used my stand-by recipe I’ve used for the last 4 years. (Recipe: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176477) Here are the pics I managed to take.

On Wednesday I made up the brine. Ingredients:

Cooking.

That evening I placed the turkey in my food safe 4 gallon bucket with the brine. I placed that inside an ice chest and placed some ice around the bucket.

and covered with ice and let it sit overnight.

Here it is the next morning.

Took it out and patted it dry.

Made up the seasoned butter rub. (For under the skin and on the skin)

and got the aromatics ready to go in the interior cavity.

Placed it on the preheated kamado.

We also brought over some Cranberry Apple & Walnut Dressing that we love. (Recipe: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176477)

Here’s a pic of the finished turkey with the dressing in the background.

This is when Husker gives me his plea for some of the wonderful smelling food that’s driving him crazy.

After this there wasn’t many opportunities to take any pics but here is the one pic I managed to take with my cell phone.

As you can see there was quite a feast on the table and everyone enjoyed the turkey.

Thanks for looking.

Beautiful bird and meal Der Husker! It all looks fantastic.

You had that bird's number, for sure.

If anyone in that picture left the table hungry, they had to work hard at it.

Glad to see that so many of you could get together to celebrate.

Great feast!

Back