• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Texas Style Beef Rub

PigskinBarbeque

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Texas Style Beef Rub
Recommended for Beef

INGREDIENTS:

• 3 tsp Kosher Salt
  • 6 Tbsp Ground Black Pepper
  • 3 tsp Granulated Sugar
  • 1.5 tsp Ancho Chili Mix
  • 1.5 tsp Mild Chili Powder
  • 3 tsp Garlic Powder
  • 3 tsp Granulated Onion
  • 1 tsp Ground Cumin
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Makes about a cup. Sprinkle on meat and allow it to marinate overnight before cooking.

#Barbeque #TexasBBQ #Beef #BBQRub #BarbequeRub #Rubs

Texas-STyle-Beef-Rub-Cover.png

MaYbe in the Buckeye, HOWEVER as a 4th generation Texan I take issue, "True Texas Beef rub" is Salt & Pepper. :mmph: SOooo lets call it what it is.....:idea: Buckeye Beef Rub. That's is a nice piece of Bovine ya got there.

MaYbe in the Buckeye, HOWEVER as a 4th generation Texan I take issue, "True Texas Beef rub" is Salt & Pepper. :mmph: SOooo lets call it what it is.....:idea: Buckeye Beef Rub. That's is a nice piece of Bovine ya got there.

I'm 1st generation Filipino living in Virginia and when I bbq some beef up, I do 50/50 by weight of kosher salt and butcher ground pepper. I call it the Pinoy Virginian Bovine Rub!

Yeah, rare to see any sugar in a Texas Beef Rub. Salt and Pepper. Maybe some Onion and Garlic Powders. Pretty much it. We (the wife and I) like spicy, so I can see adding some type of chile powder.

Northerners seem to like their bbq sweet. This does seem like a northerners idea of a Texas rub. I'm sure its delicious though, I like my bbq every which way!

Looking at the ingredients it might be tasty on some spare ribs or something but not beef.
The flavor of Texas beef is salt, pepper and smoke,... and occasionally some Shiner Bock that gets spilled on it accidentally during the cooking process.:wink:

Thanks for sharing the rub recipe Pigs...maybe not Texas, but some may find it tasty.

Those folks in Texas are a might proud of their "style."

You know, this was my version of a Texas Rub, but I think you may be on to something there by calling it Buckeye Beef Rub, seeing they just won the National Championship, it might garner more attention. Thanks!

Northerners seem to like their bbq sweet. This does seem like a northerners idea of a Texas rub. I'm sure its delicious though, I like my bbq every which way!

SteveKing84, I'm like you, I like my barbeque any kind of way as long as it's good, but I'm not a big fan of sweet, I like savory and flavorful.

Back