Smoked salsa

ClintHTX

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The wife and I ate at a Mexican food joint last night. They had a salsa that tasted like it had been smoked. It was freaking incredible. Looked up a few recipes online and it showed liquid smoke.... anyone ever smoked peppers tomatoes or whatever and incorporated it into salsa?

Just about anytime I make salsa, I char my tomatoes, onions, and peppers, on the grill. Never put them in the smoker, but you do get a smokey flavor.

Probably had chipotle peppers in the salsa, but you can easily do a smoke on tomatoes. I do them in foil pans, sliced in half. You don't actually cook them, so it's really just a flavor smoke kind of thing. Chill them after smoking and cut up for your salsa.

I've done it and I know exactly what you mean. It's delicious. I smoked it in the drum.

xrIvbbYh.jpg

RbrXE4rh.jpg

1VchCWfh.jpg

I just put a pan full of garden fresh tomatoes and peppers out on the akorn to roast in the smoke. I plan of giving them a good char after an hour in the smoke.

Made a batch like this last summer. It turns out very well

Do you peel your peppers and tomatoes after grilling?

Definitely peel the tomatoes and whatever I can get off the peppers since the skins are more delicate. I use cilantro and raw onions to freshen up the taste.

ZrbahX5h.jpg

Last edited:
Back