• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Beef Back Ribs Sunday (Maybe Snow??)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Thawing out some of the beef ribs I trimmed when publix had their rib roast sale.

Did one rack last month and these are even meatier the way I trimmed them. So we'll see how they turn out. We are part of the "southern winter story" today here northeast of Atlanta (as I'm sure a lot of others are here).

Right now it is just cold, crazy windy and nasty rain as of about 9am. Supposed to turn into snow in the next few hours, but we'll see what happens :crazy:. Either way good weather for some ribs and am thawing some chilis for chili cheese tots to go with it :becky:.

Anyone else here part of the southern storm, that doesn't normally get much snow, but are currently getting some?

cEzlE3rl.jpg

HUckR8Rl.jpg

TGYI1gjl.jpg

I have sleds ready to be pulled by lawn mower on standby........
bH7kbgbl.jpg

Storm barely touched us here in Oklahoma before it headed your way. We got wind, cold and a touch of snow. We are under a burn ban due to dryness, so we can't cook right now. Bet those ribs are going to be great! Their good with little meat and even better with more :-D Sledding sounds like fun!!!

Still waiting for it to get to South East Ohio. It's about 30 minutes out.

Weather guessers are saying as much as 9 or 10 inches. Heavier to our east.

Beef Ribs are one of my favorites and those look great!

I suppose I'll go find my shovel here in a bit.

Still waiting for it to get to South East Ohio. It's about 30 minutes out.

Weather guessers are saying as much as 9 or 10 inches. Heavier to our east.

Beef Ribs are one of my favorites and those look great!

I suppose I'll go find my shovel here in a bit.
It's just to warm for much to stick today it would appear. Might be going "muddin" here in a bit with the kids after nap time.

Might get just enough on my deck to build one snowball, lol

I did build a sweet box sled too to test out. Might not last long in the wet, slightly snowy grass.
SmartSelect_20220116-133503_Arlo.jpg20220116_112909.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Those ribs look fantastic.

Mr. Unicorn is in for the ride of his life!
A smidge more snow sticking now. I even fully taped the bottom of the box for extra durability!

Snow.....no snow....either way I'm testing it out with my kids.....or just the unicorn to make my new neighbors even more confused.20220116_113751.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Great looking ribs, Jason. We ended up (as of 6pm) with pretty decent accumulation of at least an inch on everything except the pavement areas. I guess with temps just above freezing affected that. Don't put that box sled into recycling just yet, another round is forecast for Friday!

Great looking ribs, Jason. We ended up (as of 6pm) with pretty decent accumulation of at least an inch on everything except the pavement areas. I guess with temps just above freezing affected that. Don't put that box sled into recycling just yet, another round is forecast for Friday!

Thanks Ron. Only made it out with one sled and kid. Other napped too long :loco:. Just the dusting here, but we'll see what the week brings :grin:

Ribs look great!

Roughly what temp and how long until done? Assuming you pulled around 200 but maybe not? I've got a nice rack but have never cooked them so looking for a bit to guidance. Really how long they took more than anything. Don't want to plan on 5hrs if they take 8 :mrgreen:

Ribs look great!

Roughly what temp and how long until done? Assuming you pulled around 200 but maybe not? I've got a nice rack but have never cooked them so looking for a bit to guidance. Really how long they took more than anything. Don't want to plan on 5hrs if they take 8 :mrgreen:

Running 275 they can take about 6hrs +/- an hour to get tender. I wrapped around 3.5hrs. Not sure internal temp but I treat them kind of like brisket and go by probe tender which is normally north of 200.

These are a little meatier that what you get at the store as I've had ones from the grocery take as little as 4hrs.

Back