Meat in Orange County?

C

Crentist

Anyone have any luck with a good place for meat (brisket in particular) without paying an arm and a leg? Costco only has flats. I've gotten packers at Smart and Final but they are Select and I was looking for a place to get better than Select ones for a reasonable price. Make friends with the butcher at the local grocery store?

have you tried El Toro Meat Market? Don't know about the cost (they are typically not cheap), but the quality would be there.

The Sam's Club up here in Santa Clarita carries Packers, Choice grade. I would check with your local one. If they do not have them out, speak to the Department Manager, should be able to get them in for you.

Also, sometimes Albertsons carries Packers. Do not recall the grade, though they do carry Choice products.

Good luck,

Bill

Yup our sam's and costco's here only carry flats and neither will special order them (I asked at both F.V. stores). Country have you checked the price on a packer at Beef Palace, I know they would be pricey but at least it would be top notch?

I have had excellent success with Restaurant Depot Angus beef, and they have a location in Fountain Valley... IF you can get a card. I have also come across a place in South Gate (not quite OC, but not too far) called Maloney Meats (http://www.maloneymeat.com) that carries CAB. I have not used them, but it might be worth a look.

RD is the spot. PM me if you want to go and stock up one day. For special order items, there is Brees Meats here in GG - A real butcher shop and meat market.

Brisket.............;}-

If any of those ideas don't pan out,try a local MoM and PoP butcher.:idea:

Back