Comp thighs on the summit

Kaptain Kadian

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Doing some comp thighs tonight on the summit. More pics to come
ffaf9780a1f7539983a74c0c7139ae55.jpg

Dang, those almost look to perfect to eat! Can’t wait to see the end result :)

Scraped the fat off the inside of the skin, I take?

That's a time consuming, more than tedious process. I tip my hat to you comp cookers. :-D

Gorgeous looking thighs! :thumb:

Scraped the fat off the inside of the skin, I take?

That's a time consuming, more than tedious process. I tip my hat to you comp cookers. :-D

Gorgeous looking thighs! :thumb:
Scraping the skins isn't too bad if you have a really sharp knife. I got a new knife sharpener and it works really well. Scraping the skin makes a world of difference.

Scraping the skins isn't too bad if you have a really sharp knife. I got a new knife sharpener and it works really well. Scraping the skin makes a world of difference.

I definitely agree. I do it here at the house for a few chicken cooks I do, but it's it's not a fun task. With money on the line in a comp, I can see more motivation. :-D

Nice thighs Kaptain! Did you cook them at 400 the whole time, and for how long? No pans?

Scraping the fat will give you a bite through vs. a rubbery skin.That's also why he cooked at a high temp.

I cook around 260* and don't scrape skin. I've had decent results in the past? I tend to agree with the fat is flavor approach.

Back